Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock 3/4 & 1 ton wheels for 1970s Chevy & Dodge trucks?

On 1/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, mk11 said:

Scenes Unlimited had these...

Great looking tire and wheel combo! It appears ST supply picked up some of S.U. items, but I don't see all of Danny's  wheels and tires yet on the site yet. Hope we get the full line back! I would like to see the  9.50-16.5" highway tread tires and 8.25-16.5 wheels, a common size on 70's camper specials and in photos below (front of Ford and Chevy). Fireball said he had something in the works for the tire and Chevy 3/4 ton hubcap last time I emailed him. Fireball does carry the wide rear 9.75-16.5 wheel with hubcap package on rear of this F 350 Super Camper Special, but not the 12-16.5 highway tread tire for it.

$_57 (13).jpg

IMG_1797.JPG

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 3:01 PM, mk11 said:

Scenes Unlimited had these...

16x8sunl.jpg.773076b69df6427d4c4795dca5552bb8.jpg

The bolt circle was common to Ford, Chev and Dodge right up to the mid nineties. Unfortunately, the new kit toolings represent the ugly, busy looking newer metric pattern wheels.

WOW, Thanks! Those are exactly what I'm looking for Mike. I thought Scenes Unlimited was out of business.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Very nice wheels and hubcaps Jens. Any possibility of offering the '69-'72 Chevy 3/4 ton hubcaps?

Tommy, that shouldn't be a problem. Can you please show a photo of the one you mean?

Thanks, that would be great! This hubcap design was used on '69-'72 3/4 ton and 1 ton pickups and and '71-'72 1 ton vans both in painted and chrome versions. The center is convex (popped up) with a blue bowtie. Could be used up to '75 and up to '78 (base models only) with a concave center (pushed in) gold bowtie. These are the same diameter as your Dodge 3/4 hubcaps. AMT never made these, and attempted to do them on their  Chevy van 30 models, but they are totally inaccurate and out of scale.

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

71 C20 driv front hi.jpg

IMG_5657.JPG

Edited by leafsprings