Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bill Elliott 1997 McDonalds Thunderbird

Bbo1974

1997 McDonalds Thunderbird - using the Stock Revell kit and decals. I lowered the stance, scratch built the exhaust and skirts, added photoetched grille and vents from Model Car Garage.  Other than that all box stock.

For some reason I had trouble with the decals silvering on this car (best practice comments welcome). 

Up next, the 1998 McDonalds Ford Taurus.  If anyone has any tips or tricks with the Taurus model please share.  It looks to me that it will need some lowering at least.  I will be looking through the forum here for how others built this kit.

On a separate note (kinda), I have been starting to think about what I will build after I am through with Bills cars from 1983-2003.  I didn't realize until this weekend that there was a model of the Ford Mustang IMSA car that he ran with several other NASCAR drivers.  That might be a fun build.  Also, thinking about building some of the special paint schemes that were used in the McDonalds and Dodge years (Thunderbat, Mac Tonight, Viper Dodge).  Its been really fun getting back into the hobby after 20+ years, doing research, and looking at models other people build!

20230206_073740.jpg

20230206_073806.jpg

20230206_073816.jpg

20230206_073829.jpg

• 1 month later...