Model Cars Magazine Forum

MFH 1/24 Sebring 289 fia Cobra

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Pierre Rivard said:

beautiful work Bill. I know you prefer the 1/12 kit but this one looks mighty fine.

thanks Pierre.    Yah,  i would love to see a 289  Comp Cobra   in 1/12   by MFH.  The  1/24  kit is very challenging  and  although  the 1/12 has a lot more parts,  the fit and  detail  makes for a much more enjoyable  build.    A look  at at the  different  steering wheels.  The  1/12  has pins that go through the steering wheel .   The brown paint has sucked up the clear and will need another coat.

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

• Like 1

Beautiful work Bill. Just a suggestion, instead of a bigger front tire you might want to consider dropping the ride height. I did it by about 2 mm front and 2 mm rear for the #1 entry and it helped a lot. I hope you don't mine if I post a picture to illustrate the idea.

Cobra Ride Height.jpg

• Like 1

Great work Bill.  A period photo of a FIA Cobra at Sebring that represents the static stance pretty well.

1964sebring12hr 0393 6659613687 o

Static stance of a FIA at Daytona.

1964daytonacontinental2000 124 8595232187 o

Stance on my 1/25 scale FIA build.

DSCN4457

Edited by afx

thanks for the comments  and feedback.     With  the wheels supplied in kit ,  the front tire looked like a rubber band.    Hard to capture in a photo but the  tire size  doesn't  look bad on a HRM  kit.  The  MFH  kit  has huge fender openings.   As far as  stance, you  would have to modify  suspension some what at step  2 .  this picture of a MFH  1/24  427 Cobra  better shows  the too  low profile of front tire and same tire supplied  in 289  comp Cobra kit.   As you can see in  JC photos   the number  15 and 14  didn't  have low profile  front tires. 

IMG_0404.JPG

10-124275.jpg