Model Cars Magazine Forum

Going through some of my pop's stuff Finally had the nerve

Well it's been a few years since my dad'a passing, so I decided to got throught a few of his box's. I know some might not be model related but the last one is. All the stuff I found is all original paper back along with hard copy of the Presedent Kennnedy. and a model car magazine from 1965 called car model.

Mypopsstuff001.jpg

Mypopsstuff002.jpg

Mypopsstuff003.jpg

Mypopsstuff004.jpg

Mypopsstuff005.jpg

MrBiggs, I can almost smell the "old magazine" smell. Thanks for jarring the memory bank and especially thanks for sharing. I'll bet you dad is proud that you are taking good care of his memories!

Take care......

Bruce from Fargo

locoengr they are as old as me and older. There are afew more things that are real old too. He brought back a few items from WWII when he was there. Nothing of his will be given away or traded, I will keep them for as long as I can. Mustanglover I hate when someone other then the family who does not care a bit of what it is, just keeps someone's stuff just to be a bitch. James this magazine has over 40 page's of good old how to's and kit's I have never seen before. It has a bunch of slot cars finals. It's too much to load up right now, but I will soon. Thanks again guys for looking, I hope it brought back some good memories for you all.

Wow! Seeing those dates on those old mags brings back some childhood memories for me.............some not so pleasant. :)

July 1965..............My mom and dad had just separated on their way to a divorce. My mom took my sister and I from a large 3 bedroom home to a small apartment. From there on it was weekends between two parents and still endless arguing.

Anywho..........that is some PRICELESS stuff! B) The model mags I would want to scan so at least there on some kind of digital format in case something would happen to the mags.

The John Kennedy articles appear pretty neat too..............I wouldn't remember much about him as I was just two when he was killed.

Well, I for one was delivering the Richmond News Leader, now defunct . Somewhere I still have a copy of the paper too. As for car model, yes , Budd Anderson , I had some correspondence with him while he was at A M T . Even today I miss his miscellaneous ramblings in the magazines , he had a lot to say , a lot of it good advice !

Ed Shaver

This thread brings back memories of that era. The happiness, and the tragedies, we will never get back that time, but the memories will linger forever. Did your Dad build model cars? I have been on a kick, building models of cars of significant people in my life, if memory serves me, as my dad built very few models. I only remember two, a 1963 Buick Electra 225 Hardtop (unpainted plastic), and a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Convertible (brush painted black body, everything else unpainted). It's funny, he gave me the cars after he built them, and threw away the rest. I would have loved to have the parts. I have unbuilt kits of the two cars, but I have to build them my way, with at least full body detail and full paint.

Thank you for showing some of your dad's things. I had the honor of shaking J.F.K.'s hand when he was running for president at a gathering at a sports park in Norfolk, Virginia. A lot of things over the years you tend to forget, but never that moment. Thanks again. P.S. Started building model cars in 1958 ( before that it was planes and ships). Wish I had kept all my old magazines too. :) I'm glad you are keeping your fathers keepsakes. :lol: Richard