Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999-2004 Mustang GT

Hello everyone, I am wondering if there is a kit or conversion parts available for a 99-04 Mustang GT. I am thinking about buying one in 1:1 and thought it would be a good idea to build a model of how I would want the real one to be. I know they make the 99 SVT Cobra, but they are hard to find in my area, not to mention out of my price range. Also, the Cobra has the 4.6 DOHC instead of the SOHC. 

The Revell Cobra kit is the only game in town for that generation of Mustang. You might be able to find the regular GT engine in the Revell 97-98 convertible kit. The 99 SVT kit was just put out at Ollie's so the market should be flooded with them soon.

Sadly no 1999-2004 GT or Saleens, 2003-2004 Cobras or 2003-2004 Mach1 kits were made.  For whatever reason the model companies just abandoned Mustang kits until the 2005 Models came out which IMHO were not as cool.  The 1998 Super Stallion would not be of much help to make a stock GT.