Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a Baltimore/DC Modelers Club?

Just trying to hook up with some like minded plastic and putty slingers.

Please post websites or meeting info here if ya gots.

Dragline

:( You ARE kidding, right?

M.A.M.A. is the largest model car club in the world (as far as we know).

We generally have 65-75 members show up each month at our meetings.

Meetings are always the third Saturday of each month.

No dues, no in-club contests, no politics. Just bring your models and have a great time.

All the info is on the web site. Look forward to meeting you.

http://www.mamasboyz.org/

IMG_4551-vi.jpg

Edited by Lyle Willits

:) You ARE kidding, right?

Now hold one Lyle...I did some quick research and there is in fact a remote village in the tiny eastern European Republic of Ghawtanoplastika and...get this...one zip code in the Baltimore area where nobody ever heard of the MAMA's boyz.

Oddly enough, I have some business travel scheduled for both locations (go figure) and I'd be glad to circulate some newsletters for ya. :blink:

OUCH, I'm feeling out of touch here.

Of course I moved here 4 years ago from Southeastern Mass so I know not one modeler here.

I have not built a kit in like 4 years. In fact I usually spend my leisure time playing Battlefield II online with my clan, and the rest is playing and practicing guitar.

However, I am moved.. Since I found this site I have started up 4 old projects and almost have a Snake N Mongoose pair of FE Dragsters done.

So there it is. Now that I know of MaMa I wont be a stranger.

Muchas Gracias senor's.

Dragline

Then I looked to see where you guys were from and I noticed Lyle lives in Elkridge which is where I work!

For Pete's sake that's close. I live in the city proper.

You all will be hearing from me shortly.

Edited by Dragline

Hope to see you at a meeting,,,,like, this coming Saturday, in fact. (Feb 21.)

We have modellers of all experience levels, from brand new beginners to old, decrepit national award winners.

No egos rise to the surface. We just all hang out and look at each other's models and buy stuff from the vendors who are always there. We have a SHORT business portion of the meeting, which is usually me, trying to remember what I was supposed to talk about. You become a member by walking through the door of the meeting room!

• 2 weeks later...

MAMAs is a great club. They even let Cruz in. Although I think Lyle may regret it from time to time. The Philly Guyz make routine pilgrimages down there about 4 to 5 time a year. Well at least any time there is the slightest chance of food being present anyway. It's a 2.5 hour drive for us. Now were stuck, because if we quit we'd have to fork up $50.00 apiece. (Yea, the club dues are free, but if you want to quit it will cost you $50.00) :D

Lyle told me that if I quit I would have to leave my whole model collection to him!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: That's the only downside to joining this club..... ;):P Why do I keep going back? I don't know!!! :)B) But you know what??? He's got hub caps on his Magnum and I am Puerto Rican so guess what's gonna happen next!!!! :P:P

Lyle told me that if I quit I would have to leave my whole model collection to him!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: That's the only downside to joining this club..... ;):P Why do I keep going back? I don't know!!! :)B) But you know what??? He's got hub caps on his Magnum and I am Puerto Rican so guess what's gonna happen next!!!! :P:P

Why would I want your crappy models? That's just more trash I have to clean up after the meeting.