Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels coupon

50% OFF Coupon in todays Michaels sale flier, it only good 2 days, Feb 15 & Feb 16 Sunday & Monday

You can print it out online, too: http://sdm3.rm04.net/servlet/MailView?ms=M...p;mt=1&rt=0

FYI, Michael's accepts competitor's coupons (the only craft type store which sells models I'm aware of that has that policy), and Hobby Lobby usually has a printable coupon on their website- this week it's for 40% off, so you can use it at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. The coupon is good for six days, from Feb. 16th-21st, since HL is closed Sundays. HL 40% off coupon here: http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm?page=2

You can print it out online, too: http://sdm3.rm04.net/servlet/MailView?ms=M...p;mt=1&rt=0

FYI, Michael's accepts competitor's coupons (the only craft type store which sells models I'm aware of that has that policy), and Hobby Lobby usually has a printable coupon on their website- this week it's for 40% off, so you can use it at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. The coupon is good for six days, from Feb. 16th-21st, since HL is closed Sundays. HL 40% off coupon here: http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm?page=2

Thanks Casey.

Awesome Coupons,

I printed up more than 1 :D

Hobby Lobby updates their coupon every Sunday. It was 40% off anything for two weeks, then some % off a specific craft item (framing, silk flowers, etc.), then last week it was 25% off everything. If you can wait a week or two, you can probably score a 40% off coupon to maximize your savings.

Edited by Casey

just a question my michaels store only sells about 10 diff models, has anyone else noticed this im talking car wise?

We have six Milwaukee area Michael's stores, and the newest one carries very few model kits- maybe ten total!

The others have a decent selection of 25+ or so plastic car/truck kits, mostly Revell:

'69 RS/Z28 Camaro

'69 Yenko Camaro

'71 Hemi Cuda

'71 Hemi Cuda 'vet (clearance for $9.99)

Dodge Magnum ($9.99)

'69 Coronet Super Bee

'71 GTX

'70 Challenger T/A

'55 Chevy Street Machine

'06 Stang GT

Saleen Speedster Mustang

Z06 Vette

'68 Vette roadster

Porsche slantnose

'69 Charger R/T

'57 Chevy, Fire Engine, & '63 Vette vert Snap Tites

'70 Chevelle SS

Viper GTS

Ferrari Scaglieta (sp?)

Mustang GT-350 H- both '66 and '08

'65 Mustang 2+2

'79 Camaro 3'n'1

Datsun 240Z

'58 Impala Lowrider

'64 Chevy Impala lowrider 2'n'1

Dodge Charger Uptown

Caddy (small car one) Uptown

'68 Firebird 2'n'1

'69 GTO Judge

Peterbilt 359

AMT '34 Ford

Revell Street Hemi engine ($14.99 clearance)

That's all I can think of at the moment. ;)

Edited by Casey

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, here's another JoAnn coupon you can use at Michael's: http://www.joann-mail.com/J0956ECD/coupons...641277294260409

I stopped at my local Michael's today and they had indeed re-set the model shelves (as Chris mentioned, but I haven't been able to find his post...) with stickers for the Revell '68 Bulllit and '08 Bullit Mustangs, '69 Nova SS, '68 Mustang 2'n'1, and Audi A8 kits. The Bullit kits were priced @ $24.99 as mentioned in the post above, but the '69 Nova and Audi kits were $19.99, so with a 40% coupon, that's only $12.00. The Dodge Magnum, '71 Hemi Cuda, AMT '67 GTO, USA-1 monster truck, and the Street Hemi engine kits were all in the clearance section, too.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any of these kits on the shelves yet, but the stickers had yesterday's date on them, so they probably haven't gotten the kits in yet.

If you have a local Hobby Lobby store, here's a 40% off coupon to use: http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm?page=2

Right on Casey. The 08 Challenger and 70 Nova are the Maisto die-cast kits. The new Mustangs are priced at $24.99, but I expect those to go out with the coupons anyway.

We re-set our section last week and were hoping to have the models on Thursday. So, My guess is it will be filled on March 5th or March 12th.

Chris

I went yesterday, without a coupon and picked a few kits up. I got the 71 'Cuda, a Porsche slant nose and the 1/6 Hemi for 4.00$ each!!!! I need to go check the other stores in the area

Stopped at a Michael's last night and found the following for $4.99 each:

AMT '34 Ford Coupe Street Rod & Chevy Camaro Concept car, '55 Chevy Cameo picjup, and USA-1 monster truck; Revell '71 Hemi 'cuda 'vert, 1/6 Street Hemi engine, Jeff Gordon NASCAR, and Dodge Magnum; and two Maisto diecasts- Hummer and Lamborghini something.

I picked up the 1/6 Hemi engine and it's a pretty nice kit, though the fit between the metal block and plastic accessoried isn't the best, but a little heat on the mounting studs from a soldering gun did the trick. Definitely worth the $5.00.

AMT '34 Ford Coupe Street Rod & Chevy Camaro Concept car, '55 Chevy Cameo picjup, and USA-1 monster truck; Revell '71 Hemi 'cuda 'vert, 1/6 Street Hemi engine, Jeff Gordon NASCAR, and Dodge Magnum; and two Maisto diecasts- Hummer and Lamborghini something.

I picked up the 1/6 Hemi engine and it's a pretty nice kit, though the fit between the metal block and plastic accessoried isn't the best, but a little heat on the mounting studs from a soldering gun did the trick. Definitely worth the $5.00.

Saw the '57 Black Window in stock, too.

Saw the '57 Black Window in stock, too.

Went by my Michaels today, they still havent changed over the models, nor have they put them on clearance yet either.

Well, the reset was supposed to be implemented by March 6th. It may take a week or so. The model section is not going away. Maybe ask the manager about it.

I bought the JG and Magnum kit for a total of $6.40 on clearance and guys, you can use coupons on the clearance kits.

I couldn't pass the deal up for them being that inexpensive.

Chris

I got a Dodge Magnum kit today it was clearance priced at $4.99, handed over the magical 40% off coupon and snagged it for $3.22 including tax. I havent got a kit that cheap in over 30 years. what a deal.

I stopped today with 40% coupon and walked away very disapointed. no 57 Black Widows, only clearence kit lest was the horrid AMT 06 Camaro concept. Nothing good left on shelves. I'll have too give the other Micheals in my area a try becouse this one was'nt good.

The types and quantities of kits that each Michael's will get is determined by there volume. My store is an E store, meaning small volume. The big bad A stores will get a lot more variety. So not all stores will get the black widow.

As far as clearance kits go. We had 6 kits and all were gone within a week.

Chris