Model Cars Magazine Forum

Current F-1 Cars ????

I'd like to see some 1/24 F1 kits. I have a few of the Revell kits from a few years back. Red Bull, Mercedes. Plus one of the Villeneuve WIlliams from a decade or so ago.

Something current would be awesome.

The Alpha Models cars look really good, but I'd prefer to stick with 1/24.

I've recently found a designer on Cults3D that sells the files for modern F1 cars, and am working on scaling it down to print. It gets tough though for two reasons. First, some of the wings and aero can get very thin and delicate. Second, no decals. Would need to make my own decals. I downloaded Lewis' 2021 Mercedes, and have done some printing on it. Definitely to play with printer settings to see if I can make my prints better. And then figure out the decal situation.

Technically, scaling up to 1/12 should be no problem. WOuld solve the issue of thin or delicate parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I'd like to see some 1/24 F1 kits. I have a few of the Revell kits from a few years back. Red Bull, Mercedes. Plus one of the Villeneuve WIlliams from a decade or so ago.

Something current would be awesome.

The Alpha Models cars look really good, but I'd prefer to stick with 1/24.

I've recently found a designer on Cults3D that sells the files for modern F1 cars, and am working on scaling it down to print. It gets tough though for two reasons. First, some of the wings and aero can get very thin and delicate. Second, no decals. Would need to make my own decals. I downloaded Lewis' 2021 Mercedes, and have done some printing on it. Definitely to play with printer settings to see if I can make my prints better. And then figure out the decal situation.

Technically, scaling up to 1/12 should be no problem. WOuld solve the issue of thin or delicate parts.

It is funny that you mentioned the RoG 1:24 kits. I just pulled my Mercedes MGP W01 down and opened it up this week. I was blown away by the decal sheet(s) that are in the kit. Cartograph and they are gorgeous! I really may have to build that kit in the very near future.