Model Cars Magazine Forum

The British "Woodie" - Morris Minor Traveller

1959scudetto

The reason for the gap in the roof was that they also offered a small pickup and a sedan delivery with a slightly raised roof over the cargo area. As for the pickup, I had a part time job when I was in high school delivering parts for Bay Cities Auto Parts in Santa Monica Ca. They had about a half a dozen of the little pickups that I would deliver parts with. They were gutless, but good on gas.  

1 hour ago, espo said:

The reason for the gap in the roof was that they also offered a small pickup and a sedan delivery with a slightly raised roof over the cargo area. As for the pickup, I had a part time job when I was in high school delivering parts for Bay Cities Auto Parts in Santa Monica Ca. They had about a half a dozen of the little pickups that I would deliver parts with. They were gutless, but good on gas.  

Thanks for clearing this up, David - I know they also made pickups and delivery vans using some sort of modular system in cutting off the cab behind the driver and adding a bed or a higher cargo body. I just wanted to point out that this is not a fault of the model, but represents the reality (picture of a 1967 version from the morrisminorforum):   

Morris_Minor_Traveller_1967.jpg.6cc41de47c6f54bc8fd279c8343fcb5b.jpg

36 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Thanks for clearing this up, David - I know they also made pickups and delivery vans using some sort of modular system in cutting off the cab behind the driver and adding a bed or a higher cargo body. I just wanted to point out that this is not a fault of the model, but represents the reality (picture of a 1967 version from the morrisminorforum):   

Morris_Minor_Traveller_1967.jpg.6cc41de47c6f54bc8fd279c8343fcb5b.jpg

About 25 years ago my wife and I had a couple that we were friends with. She had worked in their Florist Shop when she went back to college. They were a few years older, but we enjoyed their company and they seemed to enjoy ours. Richard, the husband, was fond of European cars and Morris' in particular. They decided to go to England and Scottland on vacation and Richard got a complete wood kit for the Morris woody wagon he was restoring. Seems that at the time the road taxes were so high there that many people were restoring these since the road tax was so low compared to newer cars. This was in the mid 1990's and he said that he could get anything he wanted or needed at a reasonable price as the support for these and many others was so strong. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

About 25 years ago my wife and I had a couple that we were friends with. She had worked in their Florist Shop when she went back to college. They were a few years older, but we enjoyed their company and they seemed to enjoy ours. Richard, the husband, was fond of European cars and Morris' in particular. They decided to go to England and Scottland on vacation and Richard got a complete wood kit for the Morris woody wagon he was restoring. Seems that at the time the road taxes were so high there that many people were restoring these since the road tax was so low compared to newer cars. This was in the mid 1990's and he said that he could get anything he wanted or needed at a reasonable price as the support for these and many others was so strong. 

My teacher in elementary school had a Morris Minor in 1966 - a 2 door sedan.

• Like 1