Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone heard of the H.A.M.B. Forum? I discovered it a couple of weeks ago while researching for dirt track racers. The main subject is old time hot rods or jalopies. But the best part is the Art Forum. Different artists post their auto artwork. Subjects are cars, motorcycles, Rat Fink, Flying Eyeballs. The Rat Fink and Von Dutch type flying eyeballs are prolific. here's the link for anyone interested:H.A.M.B.

Jim

I'm a member there,I don't post much but I do like to browse to get some ideas for builds.The drag racing thread they got going is huge and lot's of reference material.

George,

I haven't been to the drag racing forum, yet, but yesterday I spent hours going back through the Art Forums. Incredible work. I may get back into drawing cars, something I haven't done since I was in high school. Retired now so I have plenty of time.

Jim

If you're into Traditional Rods and Customs HAMB is the place to be. One thing is for sure you will never run out of projects. There are several "Social Groups" that cover specific makes and models of cars and trucks. There's even a Model Car social group on HAMB.

Seriously, I have no regrets for the hours I have spent on Traditional Rods and Kustoms in Scale. It's a great place for the free exchange of ideas, tips and tricks.

A faithful TRaK Junkie!

AMEN, brother.

I have not been there as long as some people, but I spend more time there than any other site on the net. I spend two to three hour in the forum chat room almost every night.

Even if Traditional Rods and Kustoms are not your thing, it is worth a look.

H.A.M.B. is a nice place for research and inspiration, but I find it's members a little abrasive. :rolleyes: That is my opinion and I maybe wrong. :D

Hey cats, I just wandered over here from the H.A.M.B.

This is my first post on the Forum, and am glad I found this site!

I am looking around for some pics of a Track Roadster Model.

I am wanting to build one for the street, and thought I better build a model first.

Its a 27 T with a Watson Roadster nose.

post-4119-1235231575_thumb.jpg

The H.A.M.B. has a great thread on Vintage Sprint Cars, great photos and history.

Edited by Speedwagen

Hey gunpilotvet, I really dig your avatar. Did you draw it?

And speedwagen, love that Watson nose. It's gonna look real good.

Just wanna chime in and say Here, Here, 2 thumbs up for TRaK!!! And H.A.M.B. is a way cool board as well...

I wish I could take credit for the drawing, but I got it off the H.A.M.B. Art Forum. Can't remember who drew it, but it's my next project. Actually I've already started by putting a "V-shape" to a '32 Ford grill. It'll have to keep now until my midget racer is done.