Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis mooneyes dragster

I have this kit and am building the mooneyes dragster kit per instructions. The great thing about this kit is that it comes with enough parts you may be able to almost build a second dragster.  Unfortunately there is nothing in the instructions about the spare dragster parts. Does anybody know how this goes together? Maybe there are instructions out there from a separate kit these parts were used in?

Thanks

I don't believe the intent is for you to build a full car from the leftovers, although you certainly can. This kit was originally the line of Revell parts packs from the early 60's, providing lots of parts to help you detail out your builds. After awhile to get more money out of the tooling they combined some of the packs together to create a full kit, and they were actually double kits back then. Atlantis is slowly brining each of the kits back, but just as single kits with lots of spare parts. First up was the Mooneyes rail, and then the Yellow Fever Fiat

No doubt but there is quite a bit there. I think I could fill in what ever is missing. Just not sure how it goes.  There is suspension included as well as other parts that don't fit.  I'm not familiar with leaf springs on any rail dragster. The left over parts include a rear spring, rear end, drop axle, radius arms, two frame rails and very interestingly a wooden floor among other parts.  If they are spare parts that is pretty cool, makes the kit well worth the price. This is in fact a good part why I bought the kit.

Thanks Bob, this is exactly what I was looking for.  After staring at the parts trees this evening I was starting to put this together but the instructions you've provided takes all the guess work out of it. Awesome!

This Atlantis kit provides all the parts for another dragster minus the seat, engine and body.  I have that seat in my parts box and the engine from another parts pack. I think this could be a fun side project coming up with an alternative body.

Edited by noname
  • Like 1

Yes it seems it is. Only one set of tires in the box and one set of skinny front rims but does have the optional rear torque thrust type wheels. It would be easy to use a spare engine from another kit and grab a seat from the parts box or make an aviation seat. The body could be grabbed from another kit. I'm thinking of the spare body from the Amt 29 Ford as a possibility. It has the roll bar, spare moon, steering wheel tank etc. from that 23T Roadster.