Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reliable Suppliers

After just getting an email from Ted's Modeling Marketplace I thought a little 'Thank You' was in order.  

Now that we are all so spoiled with internet 'Instant Gratification', and some are painfully finding out that it's not all that's it's cracked up to be, I just wanted to give a BIG 'Thank you' to some folks who really do give good service and respond to emails.  

Ted's Modeling Marketplace                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Texas 3D Customs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Fireball Modelworks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Morgan Automotive Detail                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Keith Marks Decals                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Speedway Decals                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Jimmy Flintstone Studios

These are only a few but, they are still there and giving good service when a lot of good folks are going out of business.   

THANK YOU GUYS!                             

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 5:21 PM, lizardlust said:

Another supplier that has been wonderful is Andy Lesliak (Zaina) here.. I just received my second order from him and both of them were well executed and quickly shipped!

Kurt, What's the name of his website?

12 hours ago, Joe Lange said:

Kurt, What's the name of his website?

You can message me here or find me on Facebook and Instagram under Andy Lesiak. I don’t have a website but message me and I can help. I plan to post up my offering in the near future here on this forum

Edited by zaina

On 7/14/2023 at 5:21 PM, lizardlust said:

Another supplier that has been wonderful is Andy Lesliak (Zaina) here.. I just received my second order from him and both of them were well executed and quickly shipped!

Thanks for the shout out man. I really appreciate it!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Like the OP, I too have very high regards for: Fireball Model Works (best, highest quality & highest detailed carburetors I've ever seen). Morgan Automotive Detail - MAD Modeling. Calgana Castings. All three make great, high quality, Cast Resin products!

Please alway remember, making cast resin parts normally takes significantly more time than 3D Printed parts, so expect & allow roughly a month, sometimes more, before pestering the sellers with "when are my.." emails. Such emails only slow these often very busy "lone wolves" down. The better known and more popular these guys are, the more likely they stay swamped with steady flows of orders. The smartest move you can make, imo, is to do your best to plan ahead, and order enough parts for several (or more) future builds, so you'll have what you need on hand, as you get to each build up. That said, larger orders could easily add to the completion & delivery times,  so patience helps. I always tell them to take their time as I'm not in any hurry, besides I'm slower than molasses at building anyway (due to numerous health problems).

Edited by Lone Wolf
Corrected Calgana name.
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:55 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Like the OP, I too have very high regards for: Fireball Model Works (best, highest quality & highest detailed carburetors I've ever seen). Morgan Automotive Detail - MAD Modeling. Calgana Castings. All three make great, high quality, Cast Resin products!

Please alway remember, making cast resin parts normally takes significantly more time than 3D Printed parts, so expect & allow roughly a month, sometimes more, before pestering the sellers with "when are my.." emails. Such emails only slow these often very busy "lone wolves" down. The better known and more popular these guys are, the more likely they stay swamped with steady flows of orders. The smartest move you can make, imo, is to do your best to plan ahead, and order enough parts for several (or more) future builds, so you'll have what you need on hand, as you get to each build up. That said, larger orders could easily add to the completion & delivery times,  so patience helps. I always tell them to take their time as I'm not in any hurry, besides I'm slower than molasses at building anyway (due to numerous health problems).

I disagree with casting takes longer, it's just different. You can cast a mold with 50 carbs in it in minutes, printing takes hours per batch, but you have to make molds for casting, but printing requires screen time to make the models, the time spent modeling makes a big difference in the outcome. I am not against casting so don't take it that way, it's just different.

• 1 month later...

I have ordered from both TX3DCustoms and Iceman Collections and both companies have stellar products.

Most recently, I ordered and received a 1/16th scale FORD FE Cobra 427 to drop into a Revell 1/16 Cobra from Charles at TX3DCustoms and I am completely blown away by it.  Pictures coming in a separate thread.

Although not a "parts" provider, I also need to give a shout out to Splash Paints!  Some of the best paint products out there.  I am not the world's greatest painter by a long shot but Splash Paints go on so effortlessly that I swear that even a kindergarten finger painter can get a professional looking finish with a decent airbrush

• Like 1