Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramchargers High 'n Mighty

Steamboat

I recently came across your build looking for reference pics of the the real car.....Nice job! 😎 What struck me about the original car is it's crazy caricature-y look. What a wild car especially for it's day! It's got a great story behind it and I'm thinking my next build will be inspired by the 1:1 High N' Mighty car 🤞

On 1/15/2024 at 6:53 PM, Ferbz said:

I recently came across your build looking for reference pics of the the real car.....Nice job! 😎 What struck me about the original car is it's crazy caricature-y look. What a wild car especially for it's day! It's got a great story behind it and I'm thinking my next build will be inspired by the 1:1 High N' Mighty car 🤞

That's what inspired me as well.  By chance I found an 8x10 photo at a car swap meet about 20 years ago and was taken by the looks of the car.  It's taken that long for it to come to fruition!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat said:

That's what inspired me as well.  By chance I found an 8x10 photo at a car swap meet about 20 years ago and was taken by the looks of the car.  It's taken that long for it to come to fruition!

Great score on finding that 8x10! I think sometimes ideas need to simmer (and fester!) inside until they're ready 👍 I've been a hot rod/custom car lover since I was a kid but never knew the High and Mighty car existed until I came across an illustration of it that was done by artist/designer Chris Piscetelli. I just loved how he exaggerated the proportions here and there to make a great caricature. I feel like he captured the spirit of the car really well. I liked it so much I ordered a print of it from him lol And then coming across your scale build really got my cylinders firing! 😁image.png.4e307d84c8029e3cf36aeb34da5a8089.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...