Model Cars Magazine Forum

Civic Type R EK9 hatch

Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

Redid my civic hatch with a few subtle modifications. Tinted windows, lowered, scratch made OEM rear bumper, molded the grill to the bumper, shaved the trim around the door handles, shaved the key holes, shaved the trim around the license plate box, and the headlights and taillights tinted a pink iridescent color that shifts green to blue. Just waiting on new wheels and it'll be completely finished.IMG_20230613_205003_120.jpg.188b7aa4cf7f56b64f14f8d08aef9e1e.jpgIMG_20230613_205003_179.jpg.af435c555c2cea9bbfa448ba1418ab2d.jpg305106727_PXL_20230614_0035135132.thumb.jpg.0de3fd8b2d3ced4611556eb17f7c7cc0.jpg 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Cool, i like your door handle mods, subtle but custom while still feeling factory. I'll have to remember that trick

I appreciate it! It was a subtle custom touch I stole from my uncle's 1:1 hatch from back in the day. The grill is molded to the bumper as well as the trim around the license plate box is shaved too!

19 minutes ago, ctruss53 said:

Very well done.

What did you use on the headlight and taillight lenses?
Like what brand of paint?
Did you thin it out so it was still transparent?
Or was the paint like that already?

I appreciate it 🙏 it's not paint but, a very expensive iridescent film. The film itself color shifts pink and yellow depending on the angle, and the chrome iridescent colors shift green, blue, and purple! Can't tell you the brand or where to get it. I got it from my uncle.

Edited by Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

42 minutes ago, Outlaw_Pitbull_0411 said:

I appreciate it 🙏 it's not paint but, a very expensive iridescent film. The film itself color shifts pink and yellow depending on the angle, and the chrome iridescent colors shift green, blue, and purple! Can't tell you the brand or where to get it. I got it from my uncle.

Oh, its a film, not a paint?  Interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctruss53 said:

Oh, its a film, not a paint?  Interesting.

Yea, it's quite thick and hard to work with. Thankfully I have experience in the automotive industry, and managed to make those tiny damn lenses look perfect lol. I originally had the headlights tinted black but, I always felt something just didn't look right to me. I wasnt happy with the car, turns out it was just the headlight tint was the problem, so I used the iridescent tint and completely changed the look of the car. I'm quite happy with outcome just waiting on the new wheels. This car is a future replica build. Once my daughter is here in august I'm buying a rhd (right hand drive) ek hatch.