Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duplicate Decals

Anybody know someone/ place that can make duplicate decals from the originals. I have a Fujimi Lamborghini Veneno that the decals are too thin. Can't use them. Wonder if there is someone  out there , that if I sent them the original set they could reproduce them on regular decal paper. Thanks

"Regular" decal paper is thin too. UNless you are talkign about the old Revell decals which were almost as thick as stickers.

Yes, applying multiple coats of Microscale Clear Decal film will give the decals some more tickness.

There are decal companies out there, but unless you can provide them with vector-based print ready artwork (have them do the artwork) could get expensive.  Before you ask, no, decal printing companies don't just make copies onto a decal paper.  Most decals need a white undercoat to make the images opaque.

3 hours ago, peteski said:

"Regular" decal paper is thin too. UNless you are talkign about the old Revell decals which were almost as thick as stickers.

Yes, applying multiple coats of Microscale Clear Decal film will give the decals some more tickness.

There are decal companies out there, but unless you can provide them with vector-based print ready artwork (have them do the artwork) could get expensive.  Before you ask, no, decal printing companies don't just make copies onto a decal paper.  Most decals need a white undercoat to make the images opaque.

Thanks

I needed a set of Black 1971 Boss 351 decals. The one the box is silver. My home printer would not cooperate with printing out black decals. I took the decal sheet my own decal paper to the UPSStore. I got 2 sets for 36 cents.

IMG_2515.thumb.jpg.da3c2c1bff7c07b72c12437288948c99.jpg