Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage style tag-a-long camper

This was an old Iceman Collections resin kit. A friend gave it to me at a show recently and I had to build it. The body was cracked badly up both sides and one of the walls was very flexible. I cured it as best as I could with a UV light and added superglue all over the inside to add some strength to the braces my friend had put in it before he abandoned it. 

I painted it with Rustoleum paint and Duplicolor 1k clear. The suspension was raised a little by gluing a piece of styrene tube on top of the original mounting points for the wheels. I only had one original wheel and tire and they didn't fit the bill for me. I found 2 old vintage tires and wheels and 2 dog dish caps. I used my 3d printed wheelbacks I designed in addition to a piece of brass rod to make it all work. I also drilled a small hole in the back and used another one of my 3d printed wheelbacks and a 3rd tire and a piece of brass rod and made a spare. The spare is covered with 3m tape and painted black with craft paint. I cut off the original rectangular taillights and added round period correct units. Foiled the trim and the door (and sprayed it flat clear) and hit a few bits with molotow. I then cut some clear sheet for windows. I went on google and searched for mid-century modern patterns and found one I liked, and put a bunch of the same pattern together and printed two sheets of it. Cut them to the approximate size and folded them back and forth to make my curtains and glued them inside since it's curbside. 

I am hoping to have some more details made for it and weather it a bit soon, but for now here it is!

20230726_170406.thumb.jpg.f64d35a63823fd3f4e5a84318143c08a.jpg20230726_170951.thumb.jpg.9cdb11f08604b2fb800dbe1b35949e05.jpg20230726_172155.thumb.jpg.d29891411220c1271e8924421f2ffda9.jpg

Stuck my 56 Pontiac in front of it for fun

20230726_173143.thumb.jpg.93fde616e816b00bfdbb780fef71353c.jpg

• Like 5