Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models customer service

This one is for any one who has made contact with Moebius models

I am currently in the middle of building  the 1972 F-250 Ranger with snow plow kit # 2568

After getting to the point to checking the fit of the hood i discovered it is badly warped,see attached photos.

On the 7th August i sent the following e-mail

• customerservice@moebiusmodels.com

Mon 8/7/2023 7:52 PM

On 7-13-2023i purchased kit # 2568, 1972 F-250 Ranger from Upscale Hobbies, 123 S. Indiana Ave ,Sellersburg In 47172
During building the kit i found the Hood ,part # 2 is warped badly
I have included photos of the part
Can i get a replacement  hood,part #2, Hood badge left,part # 408, Hood badge right #409 and  Chrome trim bar #48
Parts #48, 408 and 409 are not defective but i dont know if i could remove them without breaking them.
Please reply with total cost to deliver to zip code 47130
Thank you for your attention to this matter

And then received this email
Moebius Models <customerservice@moebiusmodels.com>
To:
  • You

Mon 8/7/2023 7:52 PM

Thank you for reaching out! We will be reviewing and responding to your email shortly. There is no need to resend your original email.

Thanks again, Moebius Models.

Its now been a week and have not received a response
Does Moebius take longer than 7 days to respond to e-mails or are you basicly on your own if you have issues with one of their kits
I think i can strighten this out if nessary buy my concern is getting the chrom badges and front trim piece off with out breaking them.

f250.jpg.ebe73b2969a3568e9579f8f04d07d8ee.jpgf2501.jpg.0373511f65e2b3cb8fc093e6a05b448c.jpgf2502.jpg.0f3dba32ebfe89393a86a5102c654549.jpg

I've had no issues with Moebius.

So far, two Ford truck kits that had warped parts. 

First was the ramp truck (of course) with a badly warped ramp.

Second was the F100 4X4, with a badly warped cab.

In both cases, I emailed customer support, had a response back from a guy named Eric within a couple of days, and replacement parts in my mailbox within a couple of weeks. Keep in mind, I'm in Canada, so shipping from the US can take a little longer.

• Thanks 1

They will respond but could take time. I know it took them little time to respond when all the stuff was going on with their recent kit that came out. Sucks it warped, because that color is gorgeous. Also test fit everything before any kind of painting, and what color yellow is that? 

Edited by Dpate

Thanks Dusty

That is supposed to be Tampico yellow over Wimbledon white

Tried matching the colors by using the color chips on the back page of the instructions

The white is almost perfect but the yellow is off a bit and i thought i better stop wile its close 

I found a 72 f-250 4x4 on bring a trailer that im trying to replicate

BAT claims there were only 11 models of this truck done in that color combo

I usualy test fit part but got over confident  in Moebius,have built several of their models and this is the first ive have issues with

Gonna give it a couple weeks after  i shot the second email  and if no response ill try to fix  it. Fortunatly i have enough of the yellow i mixed to paint the hood

1972 Ford F-250 Sport Custom 4×4

Edited by Spruslayer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spruslayer said:

Thanks Dusty

That is supposed to be Tampico yellow over Wimbledon white

Tried matching the colors by using the color chips on the back page of the instructions

The white is almost perfect but the yellow is off a bit and i thought i better stop wile its close 

I found a 72 f-250 4x4 on bring a trailer that im trying to replicate

BAT claims there were only 11 models of this truck done in that color combo

I usualy test fit part but got over confident  in Moebius,have built several of their models and this is the first ive have issues with

Gonna give it a couple weeks after  i shot the second email  and if no response ill try to fix  it. Fortunatly i have enough of the yellow i mixed to paint the hood

1972 Ford F-250 Sport Custom 4×4

Yeah the shade is off some, but still looks great 👍🏻. Also yeah I totally understand not test fitting based off a particular company, but I even test fit every thing Tamiya even though they’re the goats. 

Not sure if this is whats up,but a lot of folks are on holidays this time of year?.Adds a lot of time to some simple tasks.Took me 2 weeks to get a key programmed,the first guy who had to cut the blank was out,when he came back to work,the fellow who was to program it was gone?. Hang in there im sure they will eventually show up.😀