Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern engines and itnakes

I have a kit that is on the way, and I need a source for a specific engine and an intake that will fit it. I'm building a model of what will be a real 1 to1 drag truck with a composite body. The model will use a tube chassis like the one we want to build for the 1 to 1. I guess I'm using the model as a mockup of the real thing. Right down to using it to test what paint job will look good for the real thing.

What I need is a source for a 2010 or newer Hemi that comes in the trucks. So, nothing supercharged. And I need an intake that looks like the one in the pic. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Resin pieces will work too, even 3d printed as long as I can get the part, I don't have a printer yet.  THanks.

mancini-racing-gen-3-hemi-intake-manifold-20.png

milodon-dakota-gen-iii-hemi-oil-pan-6.png

hooker-blackheart-gen-iii-hemi-swap-mid-length-headers-stainless-8.png

272943440_10221137143122162_3000458184564316463_n (1).jpg

IMG_1418a.jpg

IMG_1416a.jpg

IMG_1410a.jpg

First off I'm not a Hemi expert, so lets get that out of the way, but based on the article I read (and linked below) there is no diff between the car & truck 6.4 Hemi except the manifold, and since you're changing that anyway it shouldn't be a problem. The problem will be in finding one but it may be easier to find a car kit than a truck kit. Good luck.

https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/article/how-to/2020/10/gen-iii-hemi-engine-quick-reference-guide-part-iv.html

Yeah, we've done a lot of research and testing on this animal so far. One patricular truck block is stronger than all the rest. There is a 426 stroker kit avaiable for them as well. The Eagle heads are the best box stock before porting and polishing. That intake in the pic is not fully machiend and tested yet. It will run a holley 1050 dominator on it with that tested nitrous plate. The bungs will the drilled and tapped for nitrous fogger nozles. Fogger is the first kit plate is the back up or secondary kit. We are looking for 1000 hp or more with weight in the 1600 to 1800 lbs max. The whole truck body weighs 240 lbs. We have some work to do. Not in any hurry to get it finished anyways. 

Hope I can find what I need to make the model mockup. Would be cool to have a model of what we built. 

On 8/16/2023 at 4:11 AM, dwc43 said:

Yeah, we've done a lot of research and testing on this animal so far. One patricular truck block is stronger than all the rest. There is a 426 stroker kit avaiable for them as well. The Eagle heads are the best box stock before porting and polishing. That intake in the pic is not fully machiend and tested yet. It will run a holley 1050 dominator on it with that tested nitrous plate. The bungs will the drilled and tapped for nitrous fogger nozles. Fogger is the first kit plate is the back up or secondary kit. We are looking for 1000 hp or more with weight in the 1600 to 1800 lbs max. The whole truck body weighs 240 lbs. We have some work to do. Not in any hurry to get it finished anyways. 

Hope I can find what I need to make the model mockup. Would be cool to have a model of what we built. 

Good info!
I only meant the external look of the engine as far as being the same.

4 hours ago, Starwulf said:

Far as intake is concerned I'd suggest the intake from a nascar kit. Newer releases had separate intake runners which look just like what you need.

Thanks. I did not think about those. I'll check one out. My real intake comes in two heights. Since we are using the plate, we used the shorter intake since the plate makes up for the loss. Should make for an interesting build.