Model Cars Magazine Forum

CIP Ford N950

Here's another one from the awesome Romanian company CIP, who came out with that '49 Freightliner Bubblenose a little while ago.  It's a 1963-65 Ford N950, the snub-nosed version of the F series.  They never won any beauty contests, but I remember seeing them at work back in the day and I always thought thought they were tuff looking little trucks.  I put the resin cab on an AMT Ford Louisville chassis and it worked pretty well.  I'm pleased with the results.

Ford 1964 N950-2.JPG

Ford 1964 N950-4.JPG

Ford 1964 N950-5.JPG

Ford 1964 N950-6.JPG

Ford 1964 N950-9.JPG

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, leafsprings said:

Great job! NIce details.Thanks for building this one, I believe it is the first one I've seen on the forum. The Louisville ( L series) is a great donor, it was actually the predecessor to the N series ( 1963-1969). Was available with Cummins, Detroit and CAT diesels.

Thank you very much for the kind words!  Yes, that’s the reason why I chose the Louisville as a donor.  This one is an early N series, before Ford raised the roofline to create more headroom, I believe in 1966. Although it’s a curbside model, I used the bottom of the Cat engine that came with the Louisville.  

I was very pleased with the CIP conversion; it was crisply detailed, accurate and fit together nicely. They’re a little pricy, but worth it in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...