Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts Box - The Box Itself

On 9/15/2023 at 5:53 PM, NOBLNG said:

I found this drawer set at Michaels. I put sets of tires and rims in small zip-lock bags that I got at the dollar store to keep them together. I also have a couple of the suitcase type boxes for keeping parts in.

IMG_7517.jpeg

IMG_7518.jpeg

That drawer set looks like an efficient way to access a LOT of stuff quickly.

Right now I have a few old kit boxes with general model parts, stock car parts and another with parts that I get from one slot car guy in the club. He sells off anything not needed in a slot car. I need to do it better.

New parts, I have them in stackable plastic shoe boxes. I have them separated by hot rod, stock car, wheels and tires, stock car wheels and tires, decals, new and opened detail parts. Also started one with roll cage and chassis parts.

• 1 month later...

I know one guy who was in my club. He has an INSANE amount of parts and it is INVENTORIED. He keeps spread-sheets, everything has printed labels on it. He can locate any part in a matter of seconds. I'm a caveman in comparison. 

I just split off my 3D printed stuff into smaller stackable boxes from Hobby Lobby. Those are in 3 boxes. Also did the same with my Ron Coon stock car pieces and new stock car tires and wheels.

I have 2 shoe boxes I work out of and I just cleaned up the contents. One is open detail parts, the other is new detail parts. They both sit under one of my dining room chairs up off the floor for easy access.

I also bought some small plastic bags used for those who do jewelry crafts. So now nothing falls out of them.