Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Stinger

If you are building a model of that specific car then yes. :) But if you are asking if blue interior, or blue interior in a silver/black exterior color is correct for a factory stock color, then I don't know.  Someone knowledgeable on Corvettes will likely chime in and tell us.    I assume (by the colors) that it was silver convertible car with blue interior and black roof). Silver car with blue interior doesn't seem like an odd combination, but I would think the roof would be blue too.

• Thanks 1

While one would think that the blue colored stinger would be correct on a black Corvette with a blue interior. However, Chevrolet would allow a dealer to order what they called non compatible color combinations if they initialed the order form since this was all done on paper at that time. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, slusher said:

On Barrett Jackson the sold a restored  67 Corvette silver with a black stinger and the it had blue interior.  Would  that be right?

Yes, Google 1967 Corvette options. There are no colors for stinger hoods but plenty of black on silver pictures

Corvettes sort of went by their own rules up until the mid 70's. They didn't sell near as many as their metal bodied siblings, so they could be more accommodating to customer requests. It didn't have to be on the order form, if you knew what to ask for, you could get it. Even in the mid 70's you could order one in primer then the dealer or yourself could have it whatever color you wanted.

• Thanks 1

I would say anything’s possible. I looked at their sold cars and there was a 1967 Corvette Coupe that was black with a blue stinger and what appeared to be black interior. That car has me thinking some bad thoughts 😈

• Thanks 1