Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any interest in an International 9800 Eagle cab?

As you may know I created the files for the W-1000 and the W9000 Ford trucks sold by Texas 3D Customs. Well, I have been working on another project and wanted to see if I should keep working on it or invest my energy in something else. 

The cab I have been working on is a 1997-98ish 9800 Eagle. Full sleeper version. I still need to finish the interior and a few details here and there. I know there has never been a kit of this, and I don't think there has ever been a resin, cast or otherwise. 

Thoughts?

International 9800 v10.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, Fabrux said:

Any possibility of buying the file? 🤔

I am going to "Not at this time". If we go ahead and release this as a resin body, the file will not be available because then it could be printed by others and ruin the sales of the bodies. If, however we decide that the body is not something we want to print and sell, then I will sell the file so you can print it yourself. 

There is a huge investment of time in making these bodies, we need to decide how best to re-coup that investment. 

On 10/8/2023 at 2:41 AM, Mr mopar said:

Yes I would be interested only if it is well detailed cab and interior. or  a series 71 Freightliner COE big cab ?  

Well, if you have seen my W1000 and W9000 from Texas 3D Customs, it will be on the same level of detail and quality as those. I would never release something I would not be proud to build ad display on my shelf. 

7 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Well, if you have seen my W1000 and W9000 from Texas 3D Customs, it will be on the same level of detail and quality as those. I would never release something I would not be proud to build ad display on my shelf. 

sounds good to me !

12 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

What International is coming out this month?

The international 4300 is being re released. For some reason I was thinking that would be a donor instead of the 4070. A 9300 hood would be nice for that kit or 9400i 

9 hours ago, DZ7581 said:

The international 4300 is being re released. For some reason I was thinking that would be a donor instead of the 4070. A 9300 hood would be nice for that kit or 9400i 

Are those hoods still available from Models by Dave? I know he offered them at one time, but not sure if they are still offered. 

If they are no longer available, it may be a possibility that I can work on them. 

59 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

Are those hoods still available from Models by Dave? I know he offered them at one time, but not sure if they are still offered. 

If they are no longer available, it may be a possibility that I can work on them. 

Honestly they may be available,  I ordered from him and never got it and that's about all I'm going to say about that. I was just looking for alternative way to get those. I don't expect you to do them just for me, just throwing them out as projects. 

On 10/24/2023 at 7:49 PM, Repstock said:

This question was actually aimed at Oldmopars, as his W trucks are 1/25 (at least I think they are).

The existing W series are 1:25, but that is based on the donor chassis being 1:25 if the desired donor is 1:24 then that will be what its made in, but that makes possible complications that I will have to deal with. If the cab in that scale 1:24, while the two are very close the 1:25 W is pushing the boundaries of my large printer it may need to be printed on my Huge resin printer and the price will be different, not much but its a cost issue.

• 1 month later...

I would buy a couple 9800 cabs if possible. I have been planning on scratch building them, but if I could buy one that would save me a ton of time. I would vote for 1/25 scale, as the 1/25 scale Moebius chassis and suspension would be the most accurate for a 9800 cab in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...