Model Cars Magazine Forum

Basement Parking Lot

Anglia105E

This 1:24 scale diorama of a basement parking lot is being constructed from three upturned cardboard boxes . . .

So far, the ' box ' structure to the rear of the underground parking lot, over to the right, has two LED strip lights mounted onto the ceiling. The wires for these lights pass through holes in the ceiling and connect to 9 volt Duracell batteries on the roof . . . 

Inside the bays and below the strip lights, there is a black 1953 Hudson Hornet. and a suspicious looking guy seems to have an interest in this particular car, peering round the corner while concealed within the shadows . . .

More will be revealed as the build progresses . . .

David

100_3111.JPG

100_3155.JPG

100_3164.JPG

100_3167.JPG

100_3157.JPG

100_3154.JPG

100_3129.JPG

100_3118.JPG

• Like 2

Today a third LED strip light has been fitted between the two front bays, and also there are now several wooden beams that have been added to the roof sections of each entrance, between the bays . . . The vertical pillar on the right hand side has been given a coat of grey emulsion paint, and I have added some sign boards that have ' 4E ' on them in white lettering. The lighting seems to be more balanced following the addition of the third strip light . . .

David

100_3255.JPG

100_3252.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David G. said:

Cool!

Do I win a prize? :) 

David G.

Well, I sent out 6 email messages to local people, and only my brother could guess the subtle aspect of the subject matter, so you are the second person to identify the 1961 Lincoln Continental Presidential Limousine . . . What about the man in the grey suit, and what is that on the ground at his feet ?

I must think of a suitable prize ! Well done . . .

David

19 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Well, I sent out 6 email messages to local people, and only my brother could guess the subtle aspect of the subject matter, so you are the second person to identify the 1961 Lincoln Continental Presidential Limousine . . . What about the man in the grey suit, and what is that on the ground at his feet ?

I must think of a suitable prize ! Well done . . .

David

I have to say I've missed the detail you're calling out at the feet of the grey-suited man.

As for the "prize", I'm certainly not expecting anything. It's all in good fun.

Although, if you want to throw me a kind word on the two build threads (Silver Cloud and the Superbird) I currently have going, I would welcome that.

:D Also, "Silver Cloud and the Superbird" sounds like the title of one of those blaxploitation movies from the 70's. :D 

Cheers,

David G.

9 minutes ago, David G. said:

I have to say I've missed the detail you're calling out at the feet of the grey-suited man.

As for the "prize", I'm certainly not expecting anything. It's all in good fun.

Although, if you want to throw me a kind word on the two build threads (Silver Cloud and the Superbird) I currently have going, I would welcome that.

:D Also, "Silver Cloud and the Superbird" sounds like the title of one of those blaxploitation movies from the 70's. :D 

Cheers,

David G.

Yes David, I shall certainly have a good look at those two threads of yours, the Silver Cloud and the Superbird, as I do most days. My comments will follow in due course !

David W.