Model Cars Magazine Forum

So rude of me.

So I guess I never introduced myself. My name is Bill, and I have been building models since 1974. The first kit was a Coo Coo Marlin Monte Carlo. I was never able to finish the kit, but built hundreds of models before joining the Navy in 1986. After that I did not get back into building until recently. I started a new hobby called collecting. While similar to building, it seems to take more space, and money than building, which just takes time, and money. LOL

I had three holy grails, and I possess two, and the third is on it's way. The Coo Coo Marlin Monte, the 1/8 scale 1985 Corvette, and the Revell Quicksand van. All three had evaded me and cost me dearly since they are all crazy expensive. I have 140 ish models, but these three are special to me.

coo coo.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.png

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

👍, Don't feel bad about 140 kits. I lost track of how many I was buying a few years ago. Recently my wife wanted me to organize my toy room, and I stopped counting at 300 kits, 🦇💩🤪. She told me I can't die until they're all finished, and her honey-do list. Now it's time to open a box and ruin it's collectable value, 😂🤣.