Model Cars Magazine Forum

The model car mob

38 minutes ago, redscampi said:

Yup, please. We tend to beat the stuffing out of some topics and inevitably someone gets upset. I was really enjoying the first part of this thread but it's losing focus rapidly.

I don't think anyone is getting upset.

Maybe it's just the way that I see things, but I always feel that every topic has room for expansion and discussion that actually have some meaning.

Otherwise it just becomes another dopey list with no purpose.

I enjoy digging a little deeper and having discussions with others about their thoughts.

I suppose that there are some that come to these boards for some simple mindless amusement, but I can get all of that that I'll ever need from watching television. :P

Steve

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Although we can create different labels for modeling. I think that it is more common for us to fit into different categories at any time depending on a variety of circumstances. 

I agree completely.

I have far more curbside models in my collection than I do fully detailed ones.

Steve

2 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Maybe it's just the way that I see things, but I always feel that every topic has room for expansion and discussion that actually have some meaning.

I enjoy digging a little deeper and having discussions with others about their thoughts.

I suppose that there are some that come to these boards for some simple mindless amusement, but I can get all of that that I'll ever need from watching television. :P

Steve

I understand everything you said.  Won't argue any of it. The Model Car Mob article as created way back when life was somewhat simpler, is definitely a dopey list, and intended for no other purpose. I was just wishing it could remain as such without too much wrangling. The kids it was intended for (us) would not have taken it for any more than an attempt at humor.  Our internet age selves are not as much fun as we used to be, and I, for one, appreciate the intentional mindless amusement of this topic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, redscampi said:

I understand everything you said.  Won't argue any of it. The Model Car Mob article as created way back when life was somewhat simpler, is definitely a dopey list, and intended for no other purpose. I was just wishing it could remain as such without too much wrangling. The kids it was intended for (us) would not have taken it for any more than an attempt at humor.  Our internet age selves are not as much fun as we used to be, and I, for one, appreciate the intentional mindless amusement of this topic. 

I think that there are more than enough mindless topics on the forum for those that are so inclined.

The "Off Topic Lounge" is full to the brim with them, which is why I rarely visit there.

That said, I believe that there's room for all of us.

Those who just want a quick, simple aversion, and those that want to examine some things a little deeper.

I fail to see anything wrong with either perspective.

I'm having fun! ;)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Although we can create different labels for modeling. I think that it is more common for us to fit into different categories at any time depending on a variety of circumstances. 

I completely agree with you.  Read through this topic and tell me you don’t fit into multiple labels.  Not a chance for most of us.  I’m betting most of us are a little bit of each one.  Some categories more than others, sure.

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Steve

Yup.  But this demonstrates one of the problems with the internet.  It’s so easy to read more meaning into what someone typed than what was intended, and then take offense to it.  It’s kind of in our nature.

If you could have the same conversation face to face, you’d pick up on vocal inflection and facial expressions, and the meaning would come through much clearer, whether positive or negative.

Unfortunately that’s not possible. My bench just isn’t big enough for all of us to work on at the same time.  Maybe it’s time for a bigger bench?😎

• Like 1

• Xingu locked this topic