Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hk Holden Monaro Gasser

Brockc

5 hours ago, Stanward VonDiederichs said:

Just out of curiosity who manufactures the Holden kits because I would be interested in some of them and some of the other cars produced in Australia. Is there a company that has a kit for the piranha car? That one I probably would have to buy at least two or three one for myself and one for my nephew he had a Capri and his dream was the drop of V8 in that car and when I told him about the piranha he loved it. Could you show me some of the boxes of cars that are available in Australia I'm curious to see.

The kit manufacturer is DDA and I don’t think there is a piraña capri kit in AustrailaIMG_1081.jpeg.81ea8433ea71e2d6e81fefd717be2415.jpegIMG_1082.jpeg.0055df416730dbefa175d76029509eee.jpegIMG_1080.jpeg.119b10c8eb40916b882b58a07278498e.jpeg

these are the boxes to look for 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stanward VonDiederichs said:

Just out of curiosity who manufactures the Holden kits because I would be interested in some of them and some of the other cars produced in Australia. Is there a company that has a kit for the piranha car? That one I probably would have to buy at least two or three one for myself and one for my nephew he had a Capri and his dream was the drop of V8 in that car and when I told him about the piranha he loved it. Could you show me some of the boxes of cars that are available in Australia I'm curious to see.

The Parts Box has some resin kits. They have a Falcon, Bedford Van, Morris Van, New Yorker and some others too. And lots of cool parts.  

TPB Resin Kits and Bodies – The Parts Box

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Brockc said:

The kit manufacturer is DDA and I don’t think there is a piraña capri kit in AustrailaIMG_1081.jpeg.81ea8433ea71e2d6e81fefd717be2415.jpegIMG_1082.jpeg.0055df416730dbefa175d76029509eee.jpegIMG_1080.jpeg.119b10c8eb40916b882b58a07278498e.jpeg

these are the boxes to look for 

Thank you the panel looks interesting how detailed is it is a motor offered does the hood open or the back open?

G with Holden no longer producing what's going to happen with Mad Max we aren't going to have any of those wild blown panel cars 😂🏄🤣 this was a joke. 😢😂 Last part 

Are you about ready to show us your Gasser Holden have you seen my Corvette I'm working on l'm all most done my self.

2 hours ago, dwc43 said:

The Parts Box has some resin kits. They have a Falcon, Bedford Van, Morris Van, New Yorker and some others too. And lots of cool parts.  

TPB Resin Kits and Bodies – The Parts Box

Thank you I'll look into this I have bought resin bodies before I got a 36 Ford Victoria body from one of the companies you know it as a slant back but the proper Ford name for it is a Victoria that was the last year until the 50s. Model Car Mag. has shown me so many different cars that I didn't know that were made now is the fun how do you get ahold of some of them from other countries.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stanward VonDiederichs said:

Thank you I'll look into this I have bought resin bodies before I got a 36 Ford Victoria body from one of the companies you know it as a slant back but the proper Ford name for it is a Victoria that was the last year until the 50s. Model Car Mag. has shown me so many different cars that I didn't know that were made now is the fun how do you get ahold of some of them from other countries.

I have not bought any kits from the parts box, but I have bought parts from them. $20 dollar minimum order for me in the US buying from them. They have great parts, so, I'm betting their kits are good too.

• Like 2

Here’s some more updates on the Monaro I painted stars and yes they look a bit rubbish but I don’t care. I changed the interior to a hk Monaro one and the chassis to a 66 nova chassis and some work on the motor but that’s about it for now.IMG_1093.thumb.jpeg.1e9e46f22a0521f83c53d91a683c626f.jpegIMG_1097.thumb.jpeg.08f6175ed663d4f1e355970a9e87c54c.jpegIMG_1095.thumb.jpeg.3435eb944b62fac5f6568fd87486fd6f.jpegIMG_1096.thumb.jpeg.f1a877b1c9273ad4f44015a6270d81de.jpeg

IMG_1094.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Cool Hand said:

Good to see you making some progress mate.

Should have look around the cheap shops for a sticker sheet with sets of stars. Could use them as a paint mask or for graphics. 

I’m thinking I might do that or even respray the roof so there’s no stars 

• Like 1