Alan Alexis

slusher

• 1 month later...

Carl, I am back.

Life got in the way.

My Dad died in early September.

I had computer Issues in Early October.

Got laid off in at the End of October.

I've been navigating all of these, plus health problems since then.

But with much Help from Dan, I am back on the board.

On 1/19/2024 at 9:13 PM, stavanzer said:

Carl, I am back.

Life got in the way.

My Dad died in early September.

I had computer Issues in Early October.

Got laid off in at the End of October.

I've been navigating all of these, plus health problems since then.

But with much Help from Dan, I am back on the board.

Glad you are back. Sorry to hear of all your problems. Hopefully things will drastically improve soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update II

The temporary Election Job with County that I started Jan 30 is done. We finished the phone bank on Tuesday March 19, when the Special Election for California's 20th Congressional District was held. This was only a short term job, paying minimum wage ($16.00 per hr) only until the election was held. I learned more about elections and ballots than I ever wanted to know. Fascinating stuff, however. I suspect, that if you call the Elections Division of your local county, you can sign up to be an observer. It is worth the trouble to watch the actual process of an election working. There are many,many more moving parts than most folks imagine, and more activity than you can believe. It is worth it to learn and watch.

Got hired to start a new, permanent job, April First. (not a joke). Industrial Concrete Company, doing Concrete Cutting for Cal-Trans, Fed-Gov and BNSF Railroad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Update II

The temporary Election Job with County that I started Jan 30 is done. We finished the phone bank on Tuesday March 19, when the Special Election for California's 20th Congressional District was held. This was only a short term job, paying minimum wage ($16.00 per hr) only until the election was held. I learned more about elections and ballots than I ever wanted to know. Fascinating stuff, however. I suspect, that if you call the Elections Division of your local county, you can sign up to be an observer. It is worth the trouble to watch the actual process of an election working. There are many,many more moving parts than most folks imagine, and more activity than you can believe. It is worth it to learn and watch.

Got hired to start a new, permanent job, April First. (not a joke). Industrial Concrete Company, doing Concrete Cutting for Cal-Trans, Fed-Gov and BNSF Railroad.

Glad you got a permanent job Alan….

• Like 1