Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Porsche 944 Fotki 7/7/17 update

Foxer

For panel lines like that I use Tamiya semi gloss black or a color alomost the same but darkened, but always Tamiya. I try to be careful but I also make sure the panel lines are full. Then, I go back over the car with a cloth with Windex soaked on it and carefully wipe the panels down. Comes out POYFECT every time.

Bob

This one defiantly needed a panel line makeover! The panel lines on this kit were very wide and and shallow I tried an enamel wash ... not good. This needs a water based wash so it can be smoothed out, as you show. The white is enamel also so I was leery to use a solvent to remove whats there. It's faded a lot now, so maybe it would be worth trying a redo.

Edited by Foxer

• 6 months later...

I must say, as an avid Porsche fan, the 944 being my favorite, you have done this on justice... I have a friend, who has since moved away and took her toy with her, who had me do some minor maintenence on her '83 944. I still bug her to this day to sell it to me, if I keep it up she will eventually cave in... :D

Very nice build of a beautiful car... :D

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...