Model Cars Magazine Forum

PSA test results # 2

Mike 1017

The wife's sister said her boyfriend was having issues and I told her to tell him to go get checked but she said he was taking something that he got from the health food store.

18 month later he has a tube though his belly direct to his bladder and now a tube running from each kidney all running to a bag on his leg.

Taking chemo pills and bi-weekly appointments.

Next week the will do surgery to plumb all three tubes into one.

Just had mine checked last month, blood and physical checks and everything is good.

My doctor said they quit doing the PSA yearly because the insurance companies and even medicare said they are not that accurate said they had a lot of false positives that led to unnecessary tests and procedures.

Sounds more like they don't want to pay for what you pay them for.

14 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

The wife's sister said her boyfriend was having issues and I told her to tell him to go get checked but she said he was taking something that he got from the health food store.

18 month later he has a tube though his belly direct to his bladder and now a tube running from each kidney all running to a bag on his leg.

Taking chemo pills and bi-weekly appointments.

Next week the will do surgery to plumb all three tubes into one.

Just had mine checked last month, blood and physical checks and everything is good.

My doctor said they quit doing the PSA yearly because the insurance companies and even medicare said they are not that accurate said they had a lot of false positives that led to unnecessary tests and procedures.

Sounds more like they don't want to pay for what you pay them for.

The only 100% way of telling that a man has prostate cancer is to have a biopsy done. I had a biopsy done before the surgery. PSA is just a test not a diagnosis. Warning do not have a biopsy done in the doctor's office you will never go back!!! Trust me. My biopsy was done in the hospital under anesthesia. Medicare and Humana paid for everything.

Good luck to all

Mike

Hey Mike, fellow post-prostatectomy car model friend! I had my robotic surgery in April as well and also celebrated my 6 month “non-detectable PSA” blood test in Oct, what a relief! We are both lucky to be alive in these days of robotic-assisted laparoscopic nerve-sparing surgery! Congratulations to us both! Cheers, John

Edited by papajohn97
Shortened my message

On 12/2/2023 at 10:13 AM, papajohn97 said:

Hey Mike, fellow post-prostatectomy car model friend! I had my robotic surgery in April as well and also celebrated my 6 month “non-detectable PSA” blood test in Oct, what a relief! We are both lucky to be alive in these days of robotic-assisted laparoscopic nerve-sparing surgery! Congratulations to us both! Cheers, John

My doctor named his robot Mona Lisa.

• Haha 1