Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: 1971 Charger "GTS" Pro Tour

David Thibodeau

Quick build..... used a 1971 AMT Charger R/T kit, pegasus wheels, PPG metallic blue basecoat, painted stripes and 2 part clear and alot of imagination! Its a slammer with a V-10 borrowed from an AMT Viper GTS kit along with the seats and steering wheel. The engine shroud was made from sheet plastic, Scalemotorsport CF and 2 part clear.

It was alot of fun to finish after sitting 2 years.....

P1010011-vi.jpg

P1010012-vi.jpg

P1010013-vi.jpg

P1010015-vi.jpg

P1010016-vi.jpg

P1010017-vi.jpg

P1010018-vi.jpg

P1010019-vi.jpg

P1010020-vi.jpg

Y'know I at first ignored this thread because I just don't get into the whole "pro touring" type cars.

But I got nosy because I seen all the replies so far and...............WOW!!

The whole thing just looks soooooooo RIGHT!! The wheels, the color, the stripes,.......and I just love that engine cover!

I'll have to be more "nosy" from here on out!

Thanks guys.....

I was hoping Marc Nellis would give a reply too... that guy is my inspiration for pro tour builds....

Thanks again all!

DaveT

Dave,

I've been away from the forum lately. Too much work/life stuff in the way these days.

I have to say, this is an awesome build and I'm flattered that a builder of your caliber gets inspiration from my pro touring builds. :wub:

This Charger really has the "look" and I'm going to try the engine surround on a future build.

Keep up the good work!

Marc

Dave,

I've been away from the forum lately. Too much work/life stuff in the way these days.

I have to say, this is an awesome build and I'm flattered that a builder of your caliber gets inspiration from my pro touring builds. :lol:

This Charger really has the "look" and I'm going to try the engine surround on a future build.

Keep up the good work!

Marc

Thanks Marc.... you know I still have a nice 67 Chevelle that I am going to use those rallies I bought from you on..... B)

Thanks Everyone....

DaveT

Hello there friend! Just when I think i found his weakness ( only build track racers) he goes ahead and hits me in my head with the "Get Real' stick.. LOL!!! all in fun....Yikes MR.T way cool here amigo!! Gotta keep on wit the keepin on

peace

ajulia