Model Cars Magazine Forum

2023 Camry R parts tree... Help? Lol

randyc

It looks like the front bumper support. But make sure it's not for the Camaro.....Salvinos groups parts together and at times you get stuff you do not need. Can you locate the Toyota front bumper support??? This one looks Camaro to me....Mustang is flat, Toyota a little more pointed. 

MUSTANG FRONT SUPPORT.....looking at both....could be Mustang?????

HAAS.jpg

Edited by Dave Van
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

It looks like the front bumper support. But make sure it's not for the Camaro.....Salvinos groups parts together and at times you get stuff you do not need. Can you locate the Toyota front bumper support??? This one looks Camaro to me....Mustang is flat, Toyota a little more pointed. 

MUSTANG FRONT SUPPORT.....looking at both....could be Mustang?????

Yes on bumper support and I got a reply on another post that says the other parts are cameras (6&7), wiper blade, and mud flaps for road and short tracks.  I do wish SJR would update their instruction sheets

I don't know if I like Salvinos JR's approach to these new Next Gen NASCAR Gereration 7 kits.
Yes the 3 different makes share a lot of components chassis wise but some are brand related and that's no problem as Salvinos JR have addressed that, likewise with the bodies.
But the engines are different and that doesn't Salvinos JR care about because there are Chevrolet R07 engines in all of the kits regardless of make, even Revell didn't do that on their last Ford and Chevrolet NASCAR Generation 6 kits, the Ford FR-9, the Chevrolet R07 and the Toyota TRD NASCAR engines doesn't look the same at all and Salvinos JR could at least have made new top ends with heads and valve covers that look tight for the Toyota's and Ford's.
I know it doesn't show much but I like to be able to build correct models.

• Like 1

I'm getting to a point like I used to be with the monogram stockers from the 80s and 90s.  I know about how they go together and just slap em together while I'm detailing the bodies.  

If there were more specific details, I might take a little more time.  These gen 7 cars are the first I've built since 2002 or so.  I'm not the NASCAR fan I used to be when I had 200+ builtups.  I just needed a Toyota to have all 3 makes

16 hours ago, Force said:

I don't know if I like Salvinos JR's approach to these new Next Gen NASCAR Gereration 7 kits.
Yes the 3 different makes share a lot of components chassis wise but some are brand related and that's no problem as Salvinos JR have addressed that, likewise with the bodies.
But the engines are different and that doesn't Salvinos JR care about because there are Chevrolet R07 engines in all of the kits regardless of make, even Revell didn't do that on their last Ford and Chevrolet NASCAR Generation 6 kits, the Ford FR-9, the Chevrolet R07 and the Toyota TRD NASCAR engines doesn't look the same at all and Salvinos JR could at least have made new top ends with heads and valve covers that look tight for the Toyota's and Ford's.
I know it doesn't show much but I like to be able to build correct models.

Revell did it too, they only tooled up one engine block/intake/pulleys/oil pan for both Chevy and Ford, what they did do is make manufacture specific heads and valve covers.

22 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Revell did it too, they only tooled up one engine block/intake/pulleys/oil pan for both Chevy and Ford, what they did do is make manufacture specific heads and valve covers.

Well that's at least better than Salvinos JR who use the complete Chevrolet R07 engine for all three makes.
The heads and valve covers are the things that are most different in outside appearence between the three engines if you look at the Rousch-Yates built Ford FR-9, the Hendricks and Childress built Chevrolet R07 and the Toyota TRD.