Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brake from models

What do you guy's do when taking a brake from your models. It's not always good idea to be at the model all day long. Getting tired, frusterated, angry only hurts the model and can be a waist of money when thing's dont' go right. So what do you do? I like to fly my micro RC helicopters around the workshop!

Thank you. I was actually refering to takeing a brake away from the model. Not useing the model as a brake away from life. OH well, same thing I guess. I just tend to start screwing things up if I've spent too much time at it durring the day. It's best to do about an hour, take a brake, come back, et'c. Patients is a skill I'm still learning! LOL!

Thank you. I was actually refering to takeing a brake away from the model. Not useing the model as a brake away from life. OH well, same thing I guess. I just tend to start screwing things up if I've spent too much time at it durring the day. It's best to do about an hour, take a brake, come back, et'c. Patients is a skill I'm still learning! LOL!

Thats the best way to do it.

Yeeesh, when I go down into my model room, I lose ALL track of time! My wife finally comes to tell me she's goin to bed,and tells me I've been down there for 6 hours! I don't even notice it till I go to get up, THEN my back reminds me I've been at it too long! Since I found this site,I spend ALOT more time here than building.But it's fun here,and I like bein here almost as much as I enjoy workin on models. If you notice I'm here EVERYDAY! so I tend to slip away from the actual modeling part and hang here alot.To me, BOTH things are fun,and relaxing. :lol:

Yeah, I am all over the Micro Helis. :rolleyes:

helibench.jpg

Here is my newest one a Trex 250

helihanger.jpg

Whatcha flying.

I have a Walkera 4#3 A, 4#3 B BL, and a 4G3 BL, An Exceed Mini Spark and building a Trex 250 up now.

Edited by CAL

As for helicopters, well, do you want me to include just the ones I own or the one my Dad and I own collectively together?

Me personally, I own a highly modified Align Trex 450 which started life out as their first generation, and upgrades, and upgrades and rebuilds later, became my full alloy-carbon-fiber Airwolf clad 450XL with Heli-Command moduel. I have a Walkera 54Q3 Co-axial Airwolf, a Nine Eagles Kestrel 500, and the one I fly all over the house is the Eflite MCX which I've recently ordered a Hughs 500 body for from MIA-MicroFlight.

If I was to list the ones my Dad owns, well, this post would be a mile long! LOL!

For me models are my getaway, from my Job ( I get so board with the every day repairs, its nice to be able to see something kinda exotic or custom) and away from the 1:1 Falcon in the garage (3 years now :) ).

What's goin' on...

I "COMPLETELY" agree !!!

I've been a semi trailer mechanic since high school over 18 years so far. In the 90's for about 5 years straight I worked two jobs as a mechanic and it ruined all interest in the car hobby. My old 1:1 1970 Chevelle sat for 10 years not being touched. Working on average 75 hours a week the last thing I wanted to do (and to date) unwind on the weekend doing of all things tinker w/ a car so I sold it w/ no regreats. As far as this hobby goes there's nothing more relaxing than sitting in a pair of cut off sweat pants and a pocket t-shirt w/ the stereo on and a cold bottle of BUD or a big glass of ice-T in peace and quiet. No air hammers no trucks running at high idle no welding fumes no air compressors screaming and no virbation absorbed by the joints from air tools! However I think a break from this hobby once and a while is good to recharge the batteries.

I've learnd to becaome a homebody and I like it B) While taking a break from model building I like to play Pool on the game site Pogo.com follow a few model forums search the internet for future projects or whatever and watch a little more TV/movies.