Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replica of my 1969 GTO — My only one for 2023

Steve Geer

Nice work!
When I was young I had an older cousin with a 69 Goat. It was white with a white interior and I was totally in love with that car. We referred to him as "the cool cousin", and not just because of the car.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:25 PM, Rattlecan Dan said:

Happy New Year Steve! An excellent build. Very nice-looking.

Thank you Donato -- appreciate the New Year wish and kind comments.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:29 PM, TooOld said:

Great job recreating your personal ride !   I've done the same with a couple I've owned . . . unfortunately one of them suffered the same fate as your GTO .

Thanks Bob.  I've recently started building more replicas of cars from my younger days and while they can sometimes be more difficult than customs or modified rides, the can also be more rewarding too.  Sorry your old ride faced the same fate as my GTO -- ouch! -- hopefully you modeled it and at least have a replica to fill some of the void.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:41 PM, TransAmMike said:

Very nice replica of your former car!!

Appreciate the comment -- thanks Mike!

On 1/4/2024 at 5:02 PM, Tom99 said:

That is a beautiful build.

Thanks Tom!

On 1/4/2024 at 5:04 PM, Lobo2me said:

Really nice! Great job!!!! It is a worthy tribute and a special keepsake. I've done a couple of the really important vehicles that helped me grow up. Keep modeling!!!!!

Great to get the compliments, Steve -- Thanks! and nice to get a confirmation that building  meaningful cars from our past is a worthwhile direction.    

On 1/5/2024 at 1:10 AM, ismaelg said:

Very nice! Beautiful job with an important story behind it.

Thank you Ismael for the kind comments.  So many cars play roles in our lives and they each have a story.  I hope yours are memorable also.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:11 PM, MeatMan said:

Very well done!

On 1/13/2024 at 9:01 AM, MeatMan said:

Nice work!
When I was young I had an older cousin with a 69 Goat. It was white with a white interior and I was totally in love with that car. We referred to him as "the cool cousin", and not just because of the car.

Wow, Dennis -- thanks so much for the compliment! Enjoyed the mention of your cousin and his GTO.  I've owned two different ones and they were truly my favorites over the years (long time Pontiac guy).  Wish I still had 'em . . .

On 1/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, espo said:

Great looking GTO. The paint finish and interior look great together. Building a model of past owned cars is always a treat and a few flashbacks along the way. 

Thank you David!  Your comments are appreciated.  I'm leaning toward doing more of my real-life rides (when/if I can find the pieces) and I'll take the encouragement 'cuz you're right:  The flashbacks are a kick . . .

On 1/8/2024 at 8:43 PM, drifterdon said:

Fantastic job on your Goat.   The 1/25 version looks just like the 1/1 version.

Thanks Don -- The comparison is a nice compliment.  Only wish the model could be translated back to the 1:1 . . . without the wreckage :)