Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC 5.0 (Esci/Italeri, 1/24 scale)

Tommy124

On 2/12/2024 at 3:02 AM, Tommy124 said:

Many thanks Peter. I agree 100% on your opinion regarding the tyres/ wheels. But I had to use them, as I did not find a suitable replacement in my parts box. Scale Production have these "Barock" rims on sale, but they are available in 17" only and I did not want a restomod look.

https://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2477_17--mercedes-barock.html

Thanks for the link.

Few years ago I found 14" Mercedes Barock rims by ATS on eBay. Those wheels were sold by DiOlex Production in Ukraine. They look like resin castings of a 3-D printed master. The set also included resin tires, but those are unsuitable for this model.  I'm still looking for suitable tires to fit those 14" rims.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:12 AM, louis Carabott said:

Fantastic Finish Thomas 👍

Thanks Louis!

6 hours ago, peteski said:

Few years ago I found 14" Mercedes Barock rims by ATS on eBay. Those wheels were sold by DiOlex Production in Ukraine. They look like resin castings of a 3-D printed master. The set also included resin tires, but those are unsuitable for this model.  I'm still looking for suitable tires to fit those 14" rims.

Some days ago I found an offer for 15" Barock rims on eBay Germany, sold by the same company. They look real good to me and it looks like they come with rubber tyres that are not bad either. This is the link: https://www.ebay.de/itm/375080554216

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks Louis!

Some days ago I found an offer for 15" Barock rims on eBay Germany, sold by the same company. They look real good to me and it looks like they come with rubber tyres that are not bad either. This is the link: https://www.ebay.de/itm/375080554216

Thanks Tommy.

Interesting.  The rims and the mounting hardware look identical to mine, but mine came with hard resin, smaller and lower profile tires. These tires look useful.  I'm also puzzled about the seller.  Mine was in Ukraine, and had high number of feedbacks.  This seller is in Germany with not many feedbacks.

The listing also mentions that they might not ship to USA. I would have to contact the seller to find out.  If the shipping cost is as high as what many other German sellers charge, plus the 20 Euro price for the wheels would make this rather expensive. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, satterwhite78 said:

Wheww! That color pops! 👌 

Thanks Charles!

On 2/14/2024 at 9:17 PM, peteski said:

I'm also puzzled about the seller.  Mine was in Ukraine, and had high number of feedbacks.  This seller is in Germany with not many feedbacks.

My take is that he could be a refugee living in Germany now, because of the Russian-Ukrainian war. Around 1.1 million Ukrainian refugees have come to Germany by now.