Model Cars Magazine Forum

Please I.D these wheels

The MPC USA-1 and American Spirit Vega pro stock kits.  Originals only; the reissue USA-1 does not include them. 

Bruce Larson ran those front wheels on his '73 pro stock Vega.  When he updated the car with a '74 nose, he changed the front wheels also.

Those wheels are the fronts in the two Vega kits I mentioned.  Cragar Super Tricks were used on the rear in both.  

Those were molded by MPC so they could be used with their annual kit stock tires, but I remember them being beefed up a bit on the back side.  They could be filed or sanded on the back side for use with narrower tires.

I was going to say that.  The Keystone is a holdover from the annual kits.  The slotted wheel would have been in the area of the tree where the front Super Trick wheels are now.

9 hours ago, oldscool said:

Just checked my Grumpy Vega kit and the odd wheel on the chrome sprue looks like a Keystone Klassic to me.

From the pics I've seen, they're keystone Rogues. Note the strait sides of the spokes, not notched like the Klassics.

image.png.a8ba4c638965cd695a87ccc5d8162749.png

• Like 1