Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket goodies for Revell’s Ford Raptor snap kits?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 9:45 PM, stavanzer said:

Seriously bad chassis plate, Revell.

How to tell us you are not even trying anymore......

The target market with this particular kit is not us adult builders, it is the young kid who thinks the truck is cool or who has a relative that drives one and wants a replica. That said, haven't compared the earlier kit with this one to see if it could be kit bashed.

23 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

The target market with this particular kit is not us adult builders, it is the young kid who thinks the truck is cool or who has a relative that drives one and wants a replica. That said, haven't compared the earlier kit with this one to see if it could be kit bashed.

Yeah, but Even Hotwheels and Cheap Diecast toys have driveline detail on the Chassis plates. That truck looks like the underside of a Coinbank.

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 6:09 PM, mikemodeler said:

I’m pretty sure this was meant to be an easy to build snap kit for Ford to run their version of the Make and Take on the Auto Show circuit. I bought the 1st Gen kit a couple weeks ago and it’s got the more typical detail for one of the Revell snap kits,

Edited by Joe Handley
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 7:01 PM, Joe Handley said:

I’m pretty sure this was meant to be an easy to build snap kit for Ford to run their version of the Make and Take on the Auto Show circuit. I bought the 1st Gen kit a couple weeks ago and it’s got the more typical detail for one of the Revell snap kits,

Yes, it was. Created for the truck's introduction/auto show circuit. 

That said, if you get the more recent release in the flat Revell of Germany style box, it has a killer set of Cartograf decals that really make it look great - both inside and out.