Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 plymouth superbird

michelle

this is a kitbash the chassis is from a mpc 68 coronet rt convertible the rims and tires and front seats, side mirror ,door handles, steering wheel, shifter, taillights ,wing and hood came from my parts boxes the nose cone came from a amt 69 charger daytona i got the interior pan dash and back seat and back bumper and glass came from fellow forum member  chryslerjunkandstuff  the body i had  once attempted to turn into a 4 door and since I could not find a new body  i had to try and sand out the scribed in door lines I had put into it I ended up curb siding the model mainly cause the hood was not long enough to reach the nose cone and had to use putty to fill in the gap 
i painted it tamiya ts-53 deep metallic blue
I have fall out boy's awesome sequel version of billy Joel's  we didn't start the fire playing in the background of the video 

• Like 3

Hi Michelle, nice build on this Bird. I was the proud owner of one in the "70s. Actually, my mom bought it as the insurance was to much if I bought it. It was orange i color and black interior. It had a 440ci with three two barrels. Six barrel, not Six Pack. It was a daily driver and we had it for 8 years and put 128k miles on it. It was stolen out of our driveway, never recovered.

Your build has been done very nice.

How long have you been doing models, and how old are you. If you are young, your skills are well beyond your years.

Thanks, George

23 minutes ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi Michelle, nice build on this Bird. I was the proud owner of one in the "70s. Actually, my mom bought it as the insurance was to much if I bought it. It was orange i color and black interior. It had a 440ci with three two barrels. Six barrel, not Six Pack. It was a daily driver and we had it for 8 years and put 128k miles on it. It was stolen out of our driveway, never recovered.

Your build has been done very nice.

How long have you been doing models, and how old are you. If you are young, your skills are well beyond your years.

Thanks, George

thank you and cool but sad story I bet it was a fun car to drive 
I am in my 20's 
I have been building for several years now