Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does someone,did someone,will someone or someone should make....

I’ve had this growing list of wants/needs that’s been growing directed towards the aftermarket. As much as I enjoy the fabrication aspect of the hobby, I have a lot of kits I want to get to and at times less fabrication would be nice. So I’m going to list some things I’m looking for that could either fill a void or make life easier on some projects. Thus the title. All comments welcome, maybe someone else has other suggestions. Here’s my list ( 1/25 scale) ;

Accurate AMC 390 or 401

Accurate Pontiac 455

Accurate 67 Shelby mag star wheels ( the amt ones don’t look right to me ) 

ok at this point accurate is implied, 

68 Shelby 10 spokes 

Shelby Paxton supercharger set up 

Shelby GT350 conversion for reissued Amt Mustang fastback 

32 ford B400 and or cabriolet 

69 ford Galaxie GT parts 

8 track player and 8 tracks 

off-road fender flares for any of the Moebius truck kits 

Fender flares for the mid 70’s Mpc Dodge vans 

73/74 cuda bumpers with out bumper guards for mpc and amt kits 

fender flares for the Mpc 70-76 firebird kit. The kit ones just don’t look good, stick out to far or something 

last is these bronco wheels ( see pic )

18847762-7660-4294-9CFC-EB7902443B9D.jpeg

My first thought is why not add these things to the page that already exists for this. There is a matching thread for pickup/truck parts too. I am pretty sure tha those Bronco wheels were already asked for in that thread. Possible it was a different thread that will be harder to find.

For a more helpful reply
A 32 Ford B400 body already exists in resin from Jimmy Flintstone. It is item NB223.

45 minutes ago, Khils said:

I'm ALL IN for the 401 & 455 V8s

So here is the deal though, its not going to be any time soon, I have a long list of engines I found at a junkyard, and the Cleveland will be before them, the Pontiac is far back on the list. And as far as I know the 401 and 455 are externally the same so there wont be both

16 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

And as far as I know the 401 and 455 are externally the same so there wont be both

Ok...well Thanks.

An AMC 401 & a Pontiac 455 are externally the same?????😳

4 hours ago, Khils said:

Ok...well Thanks.

An AMC 401 & a Pontiac 455 are externally the same?????😳

Charles may be a little confused but, , , 

What's wrong with the engines in the AMT Gremlin and Matadors? I thought they look pretty good.

2 hours ago, Fabrux said:

Those Bronco wheels were in the High Roller edition of the Monogram kit. Resin copies pop up on eBay from time to time, which is how I snagged a set.

I thought I had seen those in a Monogram kit but couldn't find pics of one yesterday. 

image.png.c5e6238ed4ca51c0a5990b7b2f07d2cf.png

20 hours ago, Khils said:

As for the Cleveland... it's already been done.  https://www.futurattraction.com/

Screenshot_20240216-102202.png

Well just because someone else did something doesn't mean I won't, otherwise tell everyone to stop making engines after I did first like the Slant six or the flathead. Also I am scanning one so the accuracy and precision will be better to the point of exact and as with most of my engines there will be more than a single variant. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Charles may be a little confused but, , , 

What's wrong with the engines in the AMT Gremlin and Matadors? I thought they look pretty good.

And yes I was confused I don't know much about AMC never was a fan and I tend to fixate on what I am into, Thunderbirds I can go on for days about the generations the engine choices and differences in models. Of course that all started when I got my second bird back in 02 which was a 67 390 tudor

3 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

....just because someone else did something doesn't mean I won't 

I'm still hoping you find time to do Ford's EFI 300 6 cylinder I inquired about a few years ago. I think it would be huge seller with all the Ford truck kits available.

• Like 1