Model Cars Magazine Forum

Billy's 78 Z28 By Revell

The Mystery surrounding the upcoming release of this kit has got me wondering what exactly it will be... 1:24th according the box so must be the old Monogram tooling with maybe new hardtop body? Will it have all the racing goodies? 100 parts count so maybe? The Revell website indicates that it's 1:25th scale though. What are we getting? It's a mystery but I'm anticipating a great kit nevertheless because I liked the Monogram kit and I'll be happy no matter what it is.

1516801-116676-57-720.webp

Screenshot_20240215_215658.jpg

I noticed:

* 1/24 scale on what appears to be the actual box art. I would trust that before the description on their webpage.

* 100+ parts, including new parts!!

* Skill level 4

* “1979” and not 1980 or 1981.

I would say all indicators point to the “79 kit and not the snapper, which is great IMO. I’m excited about this one. With what’s available in the aftermarket now, you can build it in almost any color combination and with any wheel option.

Edited by Hawk312
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:35 PM, stavanzer said:

I think that kit has T-Tops.

Yeah, you might be right... I hope that it has a re-tooled hardtop body...that would be great. the body would be the "New Parts" they mention on the cover because I can't think of anything new they could put in the kit to match the film car. 🤔 license plates? I don't think that would qualify as new parts though...

I grafted a top from an AMT 64 Impala onto this car in the early 90's. The shapes worked perfect. It was originally a Pro-street build then about 10 years ago I rebuilt it as a factory stock replica. 

20150307_132217.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, disconovaman said:

Yeah, you might be right... I hope that it has a re-tooled hardtop body...that would be great. the body would be the "New Parts" they mention on the cover because I can't think of anything new they could put in the kit to match the film car. 🤔 license plates? I don't think that would qualify as new parts though...

I grafted a top from an AMT 64 Impala onto this car in the early 90's. The shapes worked perfect. It was originally a Pro-street build then about 10 years ago I rebuilt it as a factory stock replica. 

20150307_132217.jpg

Beautiful Build!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Matt T. said:

I hope the newly-tooled parts are a hardtop body and flat hood. 

That's what I'm hopeful to see, the flat hood would be cool also. I think during filming atleast two cars were used, one had a flat hood and another had a Z hood. If the parts count is correct on the box we may only get the "film car" parts only. That's disappointing but understandable.

Edited by disconovaman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Any News on this kit?

I've been looking but have seen nothing....

Same here…

Really interested to hear what options we will have in this kit.

• Like 1

If they did a new body I'd suspect they'd also have to do new glass to go with it.

Maybe some underhood details that are not molded to the body.

Edited by Can-Con