Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Plymouth GTX

mrmike

After viewing someone else's '69 GTX, I decided to pull out mine which I had started a couple of years ago and never finished it.  I went to clearcoat the model and I forgot that the paint used was MCW Enamel and not MCW Lacquer which was what I have been using for years.  Since this was a gift from a model club friend, I realized my mistake, but the damage was done.  I have a little paint left and maybe it will be enough to finish off my GTX.

69GTX66.JPG

69GTX67.JPG

69GTX68.JPG

Edited by mrmike
  • Like 1

Thanks David and Bill!  I have to find my container of used paint and see if I have enough.  Someone elsewhere suggested and weathering the model and making it look sunburnt. 

• 1 month later...
I had fired up the paintbooth and was in the process of shooting parts and pieces for other projects and I happened to think of this one and out it came with the remaining paint that I had and shot the roof and trunk lid. It came out rather well with what I had left.

69GTX70.JPG

69GTX71.JPG

69GTX72.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I repainted the GTX with a different color since I didn't have enough paint left over from the previous paint job. Looks better than the first paint job! Now to repaint the rest of the cowl and the engine compartment.

69GTX73.JPG

69GTX74.JPG

69GTX75.JPG

• Like 3