Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi by Chtyslel Corp.

This 1/24 scale diecast 1966 Dodge Charger by Classic Metal Works (2001) was bought in kit form about two decades ago.  I recently got it out of storage to see what modifications I might do to it, if need be.   

During my inspection what really struck me as curious are two things:

1) did Classic Metal Works produce this mold themselves or was the mold from another company, such as  Ertl Authentics? 

2) but the most perplexing and amusing as well is what was embossed on the chassis: "DaimlerChtyslel Corp".  Was the misspelling of Chrysler on purpose for licensing avoidance or just Chinese ignorance of spelling or a mis-translation of verbal communication from the producer?  Whatever the case it is weird.

The model is quite substantial and detailed.  However, I do remember, when building it, that to get the front wheels to move the steering wheel, that proved to be impractical by way of design, so the front wheels are non-poseable. I left everything as is on the car to date. It is a cool rendition of an early Hemi Charger.

IMG-5403.jpg

IMG-5404.jpg

IMG-5405.jpg

IMG-5408.jpg

IMG-5407.jpg

IMG-5410.jpg

IMG-5413.jpg

IMG-5414.jpg

IMG-5411.jpg

• Like 2