Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little Motor Kar Company Closing

We got this yesterday with a request to pass it on:

March 5, 2024

Dear Friends and Customers,
Due to a greatly increased workload, advanced age of the machinery and its operator, the Little Motor Kar Company is closing the model car rechroming operation after twenty-eight years of operation. Therefore: Any orders received postmarked after this date, March 5, 2024, will be returned unprocessed.  Any orders already in house will be completed and returned as soon as possible.

This abrupt notice is necessary to prevent a long and lingering shutdown that has happened to others in the past. We will, however, continue to deal in the sales of promotional model cars, updating the Price and Color Guide, and participate in regional toy shows. 

In the last several years I have encouraged numerous others to take up this business but, to date, no one has accepted the challenge.  Now is your chance.
Your understanding of this decision will be greatly appreciated.

Dale Horner
Little Motor Kar Company.

• Sad 1

That is not a good news (but yes, not unexpected).  I was planning on sending out a batch of parts to Dale. Looks like I waited too long.

I wonder if RMCoM is heading that way too? None of us are getting any younger, and nobody younger wants to take over the business.  I think big part of the problem is that these are not big profit operations.  Nobody gets rich plating model parts or making resin castings.  It is more like labor of love.