Model Cars Magazine Forum

Honest Charley Speed Shop and Coker Museum

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

Some very nice pictures. May need to take an extended roadtrip this summer and go by there.

Definitely worth the trip.  Still an operational shop as well with a full shop devoted to producing wooden spoked wheels.  Cool to see.

I'm going to preface this by saying that my wife grew up in a drag racing family. Her dad owned and drove dragsters all her life. He ordered a lot from Honest Charley's.

Anyway, this year on Valentine's day, in addition to flowers I got her an Honest Charley's t-shirt and a Moon T-shirt. She liked the t-shirts a lot more than the flowers!

My grandchildren live in Knoxville, TN where I'm from. We go back three or four times a year. Next time we're stopping at the Coker Museum!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even in CA, c. 1962, we ordered a lot of 'junque' from Honest Hisself.  The prices were good, lot's of advice tucked into the text, and Charlie was a very funny guy; never took hisself too seriously! Still have a vew of his catalogs; fun!  Wick