Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 dodge monaco

michelle

this is the vintage mpc new dodge kit
I got this mostly complete kit it was missing a couple of the custom parts and the mini bike that came with the kit in a trade with a friend  to use to make into a 1975 dodge charger Daytona but I have been having trouble trying to find parts that I could use to modify the front end to match the 75 charger front end since the rest of the 2 door Monaco looks to be the same as the 4th generation chargers from 75-78
so I decided to just build it as a 77 Monaco for now till I figure out and find the best choice for parts to use to make the 75 charger Daytona front end
I painted the body rust-oleum 2x gloss apple red and the interior I painted rust-oleum 2x flat red primer

• Like 7

I love what you did with it Michelle! Awesome paint job. And i like the Cragar mag wheels. Good choice of interior color also. I am glad we did the trade! Beutiful Dodge😎

1 hour ago, Matt87 said:

I love what you did with it Michelle! Awesome paint job. And i like the Cragar mag wheels. Good choice of interior color also. I am glad we did the trade! Beutiful Dodge😎

thank you  and thank you again for the trade 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

I like how you always put your cars on turn table and often put music to the display.

thank you i like doing it this way  as it means you can see all the of the model in one upload instead of multiple pics which took a bit cause sometimes  i had to take multible to get a good one plus i also post them on instagram which is where the videos i now upload are from my cropped videos i post over there as they can upload nicely here over the original non cropped videos that i post over on my youtube 
i also find the music makes the videos far more interesting and adds to the model as sometimes the song is what chooses the model build and other times the song i pick  i think fits the model and then there is times were it is just a song that is stuck in my head or it is  song used in a scene i really like from a movie of episode of a show 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Looking good! I almost came home with one Saturday, at the MDA show. I also came across an AMT 76 Matador kit, that was open/unbuilt.

Thank you 
And cool