Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that at least those of you who have followed my posts so far know that I'm a great fan of Peckinpah's "Convoy"!

I wanted to share my own convoy as far as it's grown up to now!

IMG_20240313_192426_960.thumb.jpg.1b2a9b67432176e859cafcfa61517933.jpg

IMG_20240313_175414_674.thumb.jpg.5d79d8ac01a4742f963367fca86248ce.jpg

My "Big Nasty" is still in the "in Progress" pages and will soon join the convoy as a complete rig.

The Brockway got a steerable front axle today to make it look more realistic driving around the corner! 

The "Big Nasty" tractor is already there without trailers to keep it away from my workbench. Don't want any paint or anything to get on it.

You can follow the progress of the trailers on the "in progress" pages if you like.

At the beginning of the post of Big Nasty I said it would be my last Convoy truck. I'm not sure if I can keep that promise since now there's room for one more rig on the shelf.

Dont know which one it'll be though. Maybe "Bald Eagle", the "Magnavox" Transtar Eagle for those of you who are familiar with the movie!

I'll keep the tension up for a while till I've decided which rig to build.

But before that I'll build two others that I've already started to design. But before that, the motorcycle season will keep me busy! 

Stay tuned! 😊

Edited by Jürgen M.
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks! I look at them every day! 😊

For those of you who are familiar with the movie, I am totally aware of the fact that "Big Nasty" and "Widow Woman" never drove together in the convoy because the Brockway had tipped over quite a while before Big Nasty, Bald Eagle and a few more actually hit the scene.

Still they're all part of the story and I like em sharing the road in my own little convoy! 👍

What I'll do though is, when the "Bruhn Trucking" (don't know the CB handle of that one) Kenworth is finished, it'll take the rocking chair right behind the duck where it stays most of the time during the movie!

Edited by Jürgen M.
More to say! 😊
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...