Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Pontiac GTO Custom

Car Crazy 81

Heres another project that i just got started on which i got in a trade im building this one like it came off the showroom floor. After seeing forum member Mr.Obsessive's 64 GTO which gave me the inspiration to build this one which im gonna take awhile on this one since i have so many other builds to complete.

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

Guest Gramps-xrds

Loved that car. I had a 1:1 back in 69 that had a 67 455 in it w/ a 4/10 rear. Mine was a 2 tone LeMons. Black top w/ light blue bottom. That thing was a horse. Here it is getting ready for a paint job that never happened.

gto3.jpg

GTO2.jpg

GTO.jpg

Guest Gramps-xrds
Well Bill, you can ALWAYS have it back in scale!!! Looks like LSU is tryin to copy YOUR ride! :wacko:

I'd like to have one in 1/25 scale. I bought the monogram kit (one of the few 1/24 scale kits I ever bought) but it just wasn't the same.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Heres an update on the GTO. I decided to modernize the interior by using the seats from a AMT 04 GTO kit the rear seat has been grafted into the kits interior tub. The body has been painted with Dupli-Color Dark Blue Metallic and added a set of Pegasas "T's" 19/23 inch to give it that Pro Touring look.

ModelCars137.jpg

ModelCars136.jpg