Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Rig snow tires

Does anyone know a source for lugged snow type tires for the rear axle of big rigs. Most of the lugged tires I see in 1/256th scale look more like monster truck tires or toys and not at all realistic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

1 hour ago, 1st 700 Quad said:

Does anyone know a source for lugged snow type tires for the rear axle of big rigs. Most of the lugged tires I see in 1/256th scale look more like monster truck tires or toys and not at all realistic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Something like this.

RR rear tire.jpg

Most of the aftermarket tires for model trucks are newer tubeless style radials, not much available in bias ply tube style tires.
I find that a bit strange when the majority of the US truck kits available to us are old, like most of the AMT trucks are from the late 60's early 70's.
So I'm a bit curious on why, I mean it would be nice to be able to build period correct truck models with accessories like different engine, wheels, tire options and such, but there are not much available from the time frame the kits are from as most of the stuff on the aftermarket are more modern.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Force said:

Most of the aftermarket tires for model trucks are newer tubeless style radials, not much available in bias ply tube style tires.
I find that a bit strange when the majority of the US truck kits available to us are old, like most of the AMT trucks are from the late 60's early 70's.
So I'm a bit curious on why, I mean it would be nice to be able to build period correct truck models with accessories like different engine, wheels, tire options and such, but there are not much available from the time frame the kits are from as most of the stuff on the aftermarket are more modern.

Yes, and as I've said before about cars, I can't get excited or interested in building vehicles I pass on the road or highway every day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still searching for a continuing source of truck tires like the ones pictured on the rear of this rig. I bought a couple sets from someone on here and am very grateful, however, as I use 4 for each build they won't last long. If anyone knows of such a tire from an established seller, please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

432783962_2808293865977971_8880744406103412784_n.jpg