Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Chevelle emblems

My son asked me to replicate his bosses '66 Chevelle. He's retiring and want to give it to him as a gift. His car is a non SS model, (I think), and the emblems differ from a big block car, his runs a 327. I've search for days looking for Decals/photo etched pieces to no avail. These specifically, are what I need. Thanks in advance for any help.

When it comes to photoetch emblems and scripts, there's MCG, and then there's one-off items that are here today, gone tomorrow...IF you can even find them.

Depending on which kit you are using for the base, you may want to find a Revell '66 El Camino kit as well for some parts. That kit would provide you with a correct style grill and hood for a non-SS car. The other part you might want to find if your son's employer doesn't have bucket seats would be either a rear seat from another '66 Malibu or the Revell '66 Malibu station wagon. That seats would have the correct seat pattern for a Malibu level interior trim. The front seat back would need a little modification to replicate a folding seat back. For the small block Chevrolet engine, the 'Revell '69 Nova SS kit has a very correct looking engine and even the correct exhaust manifolds for the '66 Malibu.  

Thanks for the reply, good info. I already swiped the engine from the Nova, and I know I have the El Camino, just gotta find it. The 1:1 car has buckets and a console so I think I'm OK there. I. Would swear I once saw a decal sheet with various emblems & engines callouts etc. But I have no idea where.

58 minutes ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Thanks for the reply, good info. I already swiped the engine from the Nova, and I know I have the El Camino, just gotta find it. The 1:1 car has buckets and a console so I think I'm OK there. I. Would swear I once saw a decal sheet with various emblems & engines callouts etc. But I have no idea where.

Check with both Keith Marks and Rays Kits. They have decal sheets with emblems for some cars. If I was on my laptop, I'd post links.