Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody doing a flat hood for Revell's '71 Mustang

As far as I know no one is currently doing a standard  '71 - '73 Mustang hood to fit the Revell Boss 351 or Mach I kits. But I wouldn't sweat it, the Eleanor version of the Revell '71 Mustang will be here soon enough.  

Shown below are the parts that Revell has tooled up to do Eleanor.

6E4A5EF5-6A79-4207-A149-B4AF500C6CB8.jpeg.9cf18325f0bda63072c66a3ccee06dba.jpeg

Edited by Mothersworry
  • Like 2

A cutout hood from the Johan funny car worked for the AMT and MPC Mustang kits but I do not think it will work very well on the Revell Boss 351 and Mach1 kits.  I’m guessing by this fall we will see an Eleanor version of a modified Mach1 kit and with the flat hood announced.  At least that is what I hope happens since pre-productions shots have been out a while.  I would also like to see a 73 Mach1 version with the larger front bumper and the 73 only Mach1 decals and a 72 Sprint which came with the flat hood.  The sprint decals are from Keith Marks.

IMG_1707.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

30 minutes ago, sfhess said:

Gerry Chevalier makes a flat hood, as well as a base model 71 grille.  He can be contacted on his Facebook page.

Are you sure he has the flat hood for the Revell kit?  The resin coupe he made used the Revell Boss 351 kit hood.

8 hours ago, Mothersworry said:

As far as I know no one is currently doing a standard  '71 - '73 Mustang hood to fit the Revell Boss 351 or Mach I kits. But I wouldn't sweat it, the Eleanor version of the Revell '71 Mustang will be here soon enough.  

Shown below are the parts that Revell has tooled up to do Eleanor.

6E4A5EF5-6A79-4207-A149-B4AF500C6CB8.jpeg.9cf18325f0bda63072c66a3ccee06dba.jpeg

I for got about this one thx  for the heads up !

16 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Are you sure he has the flat hood for the Revell kit?  The resin coupe he made used the Revell Boss 351 kit hood.

You're right.  I checked his FB page, and he does not have a flat hood.  However, he does cast the ram air plenum for the underside of the NACA duct hood.

Edited by sfhess

17 hours ago, vamach1 said:

A cutout hood from the Johan funny car worked for the AMT and MPC Mustang kits but I do not think it will work very well on the Revell Boss 351 and Mach1 kits.  I’m guessing by this fall we will see an Eleanor version of a modified Mach1 kit and with the flat hood announced.  At least that is what I hope happens since pre-productions shots have been out a while.  I would also like to see a 73 Mach1 version with the larger front bumper and the 73 only Mach1 decals and a 72 Sprint which came with the flat hood.  The sprint decals are from Keith Marks.

IMG_1707.jpeg

I picked a Johan funnycar body last summer to build a 71'Grande and i have the Gerry Chevalier resin body coupe to,maybe i'll have to wait for the 73 kit after all.

• Like 1