I-Beam Drop Axle for 1932 32 Ford Revell Kits 1/25

Screenshot_20240404-123534.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Khils said:

Have you looked at Iceman Collections?

If one of these might work for you?

I-Beam Drop Axle for 1932 32 Ford Revell Kits 1/25

Screenshot_20240404-123534.png

Yes I have was thinking about buying ,but would it fit ?  being it's for the Revell kit ?

7 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Yes I have was thinking about buying ,but would it fit ?  being it's for the Revell kit ?

A dropped Ford front axle will work on just about anything with a transverse front spring as long as it's the right width.

Real Ford I-beam axles are frequently swapped around to achieve different track widths and stances, too.

You fine-tune the ride height the printed parts shown above will give by filing off spring leaves.

EDIT: Shown below is the dropped axle included in the early Revell '31 Ford Woody and all its derivatives,

image.png.45917af3be671962a7ca06aced69e0ed.png     image.png.d4cf056f1a3c9733d42994daaba7630d.png

under an AMT '32 Ford with a custom front crossmember.

You just have to understand how real suspension like this works.

image.png.624b14615a82477447afa43aa5163978.png

image.png.2d85827ff2854face0aab4e17cddf5f4.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2024 at 1:48 PM, Mr mopar said:

You will probably want to create a slot in the front crossmember to accommodate the mounting tab. Just drill 3 or 4  holes next to each other and cut the dividing material out. Then it will be a drop-in. I hadn't seen those Iceman axles before. I like that they are beam axles.  If you have a stash of extra kits, the Revell 32 Fords all come with chromed dropped axles, as do the AMT 27 T Touring, and the EX MPC Switcher 32 Ford kits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

You will probably want to create a slot in the front crossmember to accommodate the mounting tab. Just drill 3 or 4  holes next to each other and cut the dividing material out. Then it will be a drop-in. I hadn't seen those Iceman axles before. I like that they are beam axles.  If you have a stash of extra kits, the Revell 32 Fords all come with chromed dropped axles, as do the AMT 27 T Touring, and the EX MPC Switcher 32 Ford kits.

Thank you for the tip !